Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andy Loos1432404924

Tips on Filming your Next Outdoor Adventure

3 posts in this topic

Here are a few basic tips when filming your outdoor adventure.

*When shooting video, try not to film into the sun. This makes for a bad picture.

*Wind plays a huge role on how your audio will sound, so in all cases when you have a strong wind use your back as a shield from the wind. You can buy wind screens that will reduce the wind coming into the mic though.

*Only use Zoom if you have too. Zoom will only make your picture more shaky. A tripod will help you but not as much in a boat.

*Have your camera guy wear a set of headphones to hear the quality of the audio. Maybe you can be farther away or maybe you need to be closer to get good audio.

*Get different camera angles. This will add a lot to your video.

*If you can afford a wireless mic, it is a great investment. Prices have come down a lot, and you can pick up a decent wireless mic for $100. This will really cut down on wind noise and will focus on your voice and what you have to say.

*Try to film birds flying or other boats driving or fishing; these are great clips to add to your adventure.

*Have a game plan on what you will talk about on camera: fishing tips, weather, time of year, depth, water temperature, baits to use. People want to know these things.

*Make sure to check your lenses for dust and dirt regularly. You are filming outside, not inside. No one wants to look at water spots or a piece of dirt on the lens.

Equipment and Software

*When choosing a camcorder, you want at least a MiniDV, or else some of the new flip cameras work very well. The more you pay the better quality picture and audio you will get.

*You want to make sure that the camera either comes with a usb or firewire cord to download the footage to your computer.

*Choosing a editing program. There are many programs out there, but some of the easiest programs to use are: Windows Movie Maker, Pinnacle Movie Maker or even Sony Vegas.

*Editing video can be difficult, so the best I can tell you is start playing around with the program. The more you use it, the better you will get.

These are just a few basic tips on filming and producing your outdoor adventures. Nothing too fancy or high tech in this article, just some ideas I wanted to pass on to you. We all look forward to watching your videos here in the Video Forum. If you have any questions, you are welcome to email me or ask questions here in the forum.

Some very good tips HFT! smile

Thanks for sharing!

Pinnacle Movie Maker Studio Ultimate version 12 and learn something new every time I use it. It is not the easiest software to learn, but once you get an idea of how to work it, the options are endless. Plus if you register the product and register at Pinnacle, they have some great on-line help and send you free "plug-ins" and updates every so often.

Great tips Andy! I look forward to adding to my YouTube collection this summer.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• i believe it is their first year, one of the guys used to work for Ice Castle at the Pine River plant.  They have videos on you tube.  I have seen them on Facebook and you tube, the house looks nice, but it is not something I would buy. 
    • There sure isn't any rhyme or reason to the costs. I think you stand a lot better chance for a good price in the summer though when you can take your house to a job site and they don't have set up and clean up costs involved. 
    • If you use the vinyl kind it coils horribly and if you use the braided types your trebles get stuck in it. I'm not smart enough to do it but I wish some company could figure it out.  
    • So you are saying we all should have voted for a corrupt Clinton over the other candidates? Or should we go back and forth and point out the failings of Democratic states and go round and round? I voted for Johnson, both parties are useless to me but if you want to put on a blindfold and cry about the other party you go right ahead. It's obvious you can't look at any issue without those tinted political glasses on, I'm sure JV would be happy to fire up a tax based argument based on political leanings.
    • Ahhh. Another shiatty weekend for putzbutton.   "We talked about sore winners in the earlier segment. We really didn’t lose. This was sort of a successful failure,” radio host Mark Thompson said on MSNBC Saturday.   "A successful failure"   See !!   There is a silver lining for you libbers...      
    • Sounds reasonable.  We were just under that at a guy up north west of the metro and we had a 16 footer.  Called about 10-15 places and that was the low side of average.  
    • the guy that smoked it is a pro so I would think he did all the precautions needed. I will see him again this summer and ask him.  
    • Didn't catch the game last night but Parise hasn't looked like himself for sure. With some of the younger guys stepping up and Staal it hasn't hurt us nearly as bad as past years but it would sure be nice to see him get healthy. You kind of knew his contract was going to hurt at some point, hopefully it doesn't start this soon.
  • Our Sponsors