• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mauer

fishin58

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we need him??? laughlaugh

That's the sad part. We realy don't need him if owners aren't willing to put a cast of players around him that's good enough to seriously contend.

whats with the strikeouts lately? seems to me like hes gone through a few recent games with 2 and 3 strikeouts in a game. Now im not bashing, demoting, or hopping off bandwagon or whatever else linked to that thought, just bringing it up to see if anyone else has noticed it. He had 2 again last night i believe.

Homerun derby blues? Morneau seems to know that the homerun derby can mess with a players mind, reason why he chose to not participate. Seems as though that was a great choice for Morneau as he is playing really well right now. Even the last game before the all-star break, Mauer I believe went 0 for 5. That was just after he was asked to participate in the homerun derby. It seems to effect players mentally, not physically. Like my high school coach always told me, baseball is 95% mental and 5% physical.

Historically Mauer only hits around 300 after the All Star Break. I think he's getting beat up again and he seems to be wearing down physically.

Maybe Sled is right and it's time to think about moving Mauer to another position?

Homerun derby blues? Morneau seems to know that the homerun derby can mess with a players mind, reason why he chose to not participate. Seems as though that was a great choice for Morneau as he is playing really well right now. Even the last game before the all-star break, Mauer I believe went 0 for 5. That was just after he was asked to participate in the homerun derby. It seems to effect players mentally, not physically. Like my high school coach always told me, baseball is 95% mental and 5% physical.

IMO that is just a bunch of junk, not at you DH, just in general the excuses writers/sportscasters and players will use that it messes up their swing. For all but one night, the players essentially do the same routine when at bat, minus little adjustments here and there I suppose, but to blame it on a homerun hitting contest? C'mon. Mauer is just in a slump

Seems like he is striking out more. He is really diminishing his trade value (joking). If the team doesn't make a move to improve at the deadline, he is as good as gone next season IMO. I just don't think they'll be able to get him to sign an extension, no matter how much they offer him. I know a lot of other people have this opinion as well.

I thought we were out of it so why make a move now? "wink"

Anyway I highly doubt him resigning will be dependent on us picking somebody up at this years deadline! I don't think you'll see many moves at all in the entire league at the deadline which is the norm.

I do believe there will be some dialog in the negotiations about future free agent signings for sure but I doubt a single pick up this year will be a deal breaker.

I'd say at this point it's 95 percent chance he resigns!

this is the break out season we've all been waiting for. He's finally put all the pieces together...power/average. I hope this puts a lot of pressure on Bill Smith to improve this team now (meaning off season). We've got many of our hitters in their prime now. He needs to get some pitching and improve the infield. He has to recognize this is the golden opportunity like MacPhail did while he was here during the two WS.

Right now as far as MVP-- MAuer should be a lock. .378 (as a catcher) 25 HR (2nd in slugging in the league to ALbert) and 77 RBI. He leads the league in OB% at .448. Pujols has .440. Mauer has more hits than Pujols and played 23 less games.

IF Joe can get over 30Hrs and hit over .370 with near 100 RBI's,, you simply can't argue that. It would be the greatest single season in MLB history by a catcher,, and he misses a month.

He's the BEST catcher to ever play the game through 5 full seasons.

Micky Cochrane off the A's was a careet .320 hitter,,(the best catcher avg of all time) Mauer is on pace to blow that away and hits for power, which Micky didn't. JOhnny Bench, Fisk,,, not when they hit career .268

IF Joe does the above, he will win the MVP.--