• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mauer

fishin58

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crichton - Mauer has a long way to go to qualify for the stats board... If my numbers are correct, he has played in only 29 out of the 53 games so far this year. In order to qualify, he needs 3.1 at bats per games played by the team so he would need 164 at bats and he only has 102. After 100 games, if he bats in every game 4 times he still would only have 290 but need 310. He needs to stay healthy the rest of the year and continue on the hitting tear.

Wow that would be amazing if he could bat .400! I told my dad after his first week off the disabled list, that I wouldn't be suprised if he hit .400 this year. I truly believe this guy is the best pure hitter I have seen in my lifetime. Hopefully, he can stay healthy.

I'm not sure, but I think to qualify it goes by plate appearances. According to the stats on ESPN, he has at least a 125 plate appearances but less than 150. Everyone else that is qualified has at least 150 plate appearances. So, maybe he's only 25 plate appearances off of qualifying. Walks and sacrifices don't count as at bats as most of you know.

Hanson, you are probably correct on plate appearances rather than at bats. When I was doing the math I thought it looked weird being he still would not qualify at 100 games without adding walks/sacrifices into the formula. He probably now only needs to play in 20 to 30 more games to qualify on the batting average board.

Pegleg, Mr Hansons response sounds right. I didn't think it would take all year. Now going forward, if he does keep hitting like this, he will receive a lot more walks therfore taking a little longer. I do not see to many Sac bunts, but I am sure a few Sac Flys.

Walks and sacrifices DO count as plate appearances...just not as official at-bats.

Basically anytime you come to the plate its a plate appearance. Except if you are pinch hit for during an at bat or you're in the batters box when the 3rd out is made elsewhere.

The formula is 3.1 plate appearances per game your TEAM has played. That comes out to 503 for the season. Yep, there is a lot of confusion between plate appearances and at bats. it goes by plate appearances and from my math, roughly by early July he should have enough to be on the leader board.

Mauer is only 6 plate appearances off to be elgible for leading the league in batting average. He has 252 plate appearances and he needs 258 plate appearances to be elgible. Lets hope he can stay on this healthy streak.

They are averaging 3,000 per game this year vrs. last. I can bet it's M and M for that reason. At an average ticket price of $25, the math is pretty easy to do at 81 games.

Word on the FAN is that Boston and NY may be willing to throw $25 M a season. How much is enough for these guys? What do you do with it all?

me too, but it would be a Ranger 619 vs dual console then a 3/4 ton diesel silverado truck! grin