• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mauer

fishin58

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less then 15 you crazy hes already at 4 and he hasnt even had 100 at bats, im gonna say he will be at 24, maybe a little high but i think he has it in him this year

Yeah okay... crazy It's my guess. He's had good streaks and never got past 13 since 2006. People thought he was gonna hit 20+ homeruns after that year but was hurt for sometime in the last two season.

He's 26 years old this year...an age when players often have a break out season. Of course, that usually correlates to a second or third full season. This will be Mauer's fifth full season. But I think we can expect a lot of those doubles he has hit in the past years to become home runs.

I think that - somewhat like Ichiro - he could hit a lot more home runs if he wanted to, but it would be at the expense of 20 to 30 points on his batting average.

Guys, I dont think we are seeing a power surge. Have you seen his HRs? They BARELY got over the fence. Having said that, enjoy him for what he is. He is a high average hitter who gets on base, works the count and is overall the best or next to the best (Morny) hitter on the team and one of the best in the league. he may not hit for power and if he doesnt, I dont care.

So put a number on him for the year, if he focused on homers like some have said his BA would dip. Joe just wants to be the best hitter in the game. Just imagine him puffing his cheeks out at every fastball he sees wink

there were talking the other night about whether mauer will have enough plate appearances to qualify for the batting title. what if he hits .400, would they use the same plate appearances threshold for it to count?

he will have the plate appearances as long as he stays healthy..... and I will venture to guess he will end at .337 16hrs and 82 rbi........I feel I over estimated on all 3 except for maybe the average but I would love to see him finish around these numbers.......