Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
daydreamer

Slit Seeders

2 posts in this topic

Anyone have any luck with the slit seeders you can rent at local rental places? I have a large newly planted (last fall) that came up pretty patchy and without starting over I'm wondering if this would be my best bet at getting a good full yard. I know the seeds need to have good contact and be surrounded by soil to germinate and without power raking or hand raking all of the patches I'm wondering if renting a slit seeder would be beneficial? Any help would be appreciated.

We have used a slit seeder for seeding for years, its all we use. We typically have very good success unless our customers don't water. As far as seeding goes nothing is better than hydro seeding IMO and slit seeding is the next best thing. Not sure about the quality of the rentals but I would think they would be fine. Use a starter fertilizer when you do it for best success (we use a 14-24-12). And most importantly don't let it dry out!!