Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Dan K

Depth finder/GPS suggestions

OK, so I'm going to buy a color/gps finder. I'm trying to stay under $600. Anyone have any suggestions, besides, spend more money?

If you can find an Eagle 642c, I bet you would be happy with it. We have one. I think they are about $500 right now if you can still find them. They work better with lakemaster chips than navionics, IMO. The unit price plus lakemaster would put you at $600 on the nuts smile

Otherwise Perchjerker had a great price on even better Hummingbird units, look in the "Sale" forum, maybe he has some left.

Good luck.

Have you looked at the Lowrance HDS-5? It's a new unit this year, 5 inch color screen, built in gps, built in digital broadband sounder, takes LakeMaster cards now, will take Navionics cards in the future, will have a Side Imaging add-on available later this year. I have an HDS unit on my boat and have been happy with it so far.

You can get the HDS-5 at Pro Fishing Supply for $630, and Lowrance has a $50 rebate on it so that gets you to $580.

If you can go to $650, you can get the Humminbird 797c2 SI on closeout at Pro Fishing Supply. 5 inch color screen, built in GPS, takes Navionics cards, includes Side Imaging in that price.

In my opinion those are the two best units and deals for around $600. You can check them out, including other units and the HDS rebate, at Pro Fishing Supply DepthFinder / GPS Combo Units

If you can find an Eagle 642c, I bet you would be happy with it. We have one. I think they are about $500 right now if you can still find them. They work better with lakemaster chips than navionics, IMO. The unit price plus lakemaster would put you at $600 on the nuts smile

Good suggestion. The FishElite 640c and 642c are $500 and are still available, and will work with LakeMaster or Navionics cards.

Eagle 640c and 642c

Nice! I tried getting a 797 from you guys today but unfortunately I was informed I would have to wait until monday for the transducer. I guess I am too impatient.....

Nice prices though!

Thanks. For now I am sold out of the 797s, they've all been spoken for and paid for. I'm hoping to get a few more but that hasn't been confirmed yet.