• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance LMS522c

catfishhunter

Question

My unit keeps cutting out, by that I mean the depth display keeps flashing while Im running and some time even when I'm stopped. Yesterday it read 1.4 ft when I was in 5ft of water. I've put the new download in but I still get the same problems. My friend has the same unit and has taken his back to Cabellas 5 times!! Has anybody else had problems with this unit? If so, How was it repaired?

Thanks

I just bought one of these units in March. I installed it and was working fine for a while, but now it says "gps module not responding." I have checked the connections and nothing changed. I did some research and have found that it appears to be about as common as the above noted problems and the antenna thing needs to be replaced. Anyone else have this problem and if so how did you fix it? I'm leaving for Canada on Friday and sure would like to use it. I've tried calling Lowrance and never talked to a person; emailed them, no response. I know it sounds like a broken record on this post, but I'm frustrated.

My transducer ticks, but, not at a constant rate. It goes from evenly paced ticking to slow paced ticking to fast paced ticking.Is that normal? I called around near me for a transducer but nobody has them (fleet farm,Gander). I guess Cabelas would be next.

GPS Module Not Responding means the GPS puck is not getting power. Check all of your connections and fuses, there should be two power connections going into the head unit - both are needed for the puck to work.

Thanks Perk Jerker, I thought I had checked all my connections but shortly after posting I looked at it again and realized I forgot the connection to the fuse panel and that one was loose. Ooops! Now I guess we'll wait and see how long it takes Lowrance to respond to my email!

My transducer ticks, but, not at a constant rate. It goes from evenly paced ticking to slow paced ticking to fast paced ticking.Is that normal? I called around near me for a transducer but nobody has them (fleet farm,Gander). I guess Cabelas would be next.

Try setting it to a known depth range, take it off "AUTO DEPTH". If it then does now keep a steady constant strong TIC-TIC-TIC pulse and ping rate..and it skips a beat here and there...then it's your ducer cutting out, and it needs to be replaced. Check connections well, it may be as simple as a poor connection or one that needs to be cleaned up.

After replacing the ducer..and again with the AUTO DEPTH OFF..If it still will not maintain a steady pulse rate, then it is likely an internal processor issue and to the shop it will need to go.

Also try the reset. They can develop a Brain Fart and often the reset will get it back on track if that is the case.

Reset Lowrance units link.

(Pan down the PDF to find your unit.)

Resets link*

Eh..by the way..Ya know why there is no RESETS on Vexilars?

Because...you won't need one.

wink

My X-135 was also not working this spring.All it would do is blink 60ft. 60ft. 60ft. After many calls and hours on "Hold" I found out it was my transducer. I went out and bought a new one installed it and now my unit works fine, Still waiting ( 4-weeks now)for Lowrance to ship me one as it was under warrantee. By listining to guys at the lake it sounds like there are a lot of bad transducers out there.

Mine does the same thing and there is nothing wrong with the Ducer.

I have the 522 and couldn't be happier so far for both winter and summer applications. I have not fished shallow weedy areas yet so I can't comment on that known problem for Lowrance units.

Pier

Mine was working well for a long time and now crasho, I also have these issues with my dandy Lowrance unit.

I hope you do not have or get any issues as they do not answer ones e-mails and to get through on the phone line is almost impossible.

I have had issues with my H20 also, will never again purchase a Lowrance product of any type. They seem to put out questionable products for good money and don't seemed to be too concerned about taking care of any CS issues.

If one could just call and talk to someone to work it out that would be great. One might then believe they care about their customers. I realize the economy is tough right now but these companies realy do need to have some CS.

When they simply cannot answer e-mails and it takes hours and tons of calls to talk with someone, that simply doesn't get the job done.