• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Zero Turn Mower

waskawood

My old knees won't take mowing the side hill any more so I am considering a zero turn mower. Does anyone have any experience with these? Anything to watch for or watch out for? Brands? Any help and suggestions appreciated. Thanks guys and gals.....

How steep is your hill?

Zero turn mowers can be tricky on some steep slopes.

If you get set on purchasing one, Maybe ask the dealer if you can demo it to see how you like it for mowing the hill.

I picked up a used Gravely 260Z (60" cut) last year & I absolutely love it. It is built like a TANK. Plus it goes 13mph for when you really need to get the job done fast. And it even cuts pretty good at that speed as well.

There's alot of good mowers, especially used.

How much area do you cover? How much do you want to spend?

I do not have that large of an area. A 42-48 inch would be perfect. I tried a Hustler on a road ditch that appeared to be about the same angle as my lawn and it handled it ok. How much do I want to spend? I don't want junk......

Truthfully, they're all basically the same with different color sheet metal / plastic.

What I would look for is a decent shop / dealer. Last thing you're going to want is to be broke down and wondering when the mower is going to be fixed.

Look for alot of parts behind the counter, see if there are alot of mowers backed up in the service area.