• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clam 5600 Pole Clips????

Zimm

Question

Maybe someone here can help me. I have an old clam 5600. It is the suitcase style where you need to put 4 poles between your outside frame bars to support the top. Well the clips on the poles are plastic, and through many trips to the pond the clips have been broken, crackend, or lost. Does anyone know where I can get replacements for these? Please of please help me....
Zimm

7 answers to this question

Zimm,
Call USL. They're in Plymouth, MN. I called them a few weeks ago about the "snap buttons" for my 5600. (the little buttons that pop out when the poles are extended) Through a few years of freeze ups and smacking on them in frustration to get the poles collapsed after a long cold day my poles wouldn't stay extended always in a wind.
Well....they sent me 6 new snap clips free of charge and even paid the frieght. I had them within 5 days. GREAT customer service !
You can find their phone # on their web site.
Twitter

Yeah USL will get you the replacement parts, I recommend having them send you a couple of extra for next year. They are on 55 and rachview in plymouth. I go in and get a handful every couple of winter as they tend to snap very easy that way I have so extra.

Go to the USL Clam site on this web site.

http://www.the-clam.com/home.html

I had some serious issues on my 10 year old Clam Junior and the clips. They used to make them out of nylon, which dries out in the winter and breaks. Now they have switched materials, so they are tougher.
I also have a Clam 5600, which is about 3 years old. This unit had a telesoping square tube frame on the ends that really was a pain to put up and take down. They have redesigned it to utilize mostly round tubes, with adjustable spreader bars. They also changed the clips to keep them in place during windy conditions. (had a pole go down the hole on URL last year on a windy day) I emailed them and ended up dealing with customer service by phone. I have an entire new frame of the new design, and it is so much nicer than the old one. The customer service person I worked with was the best.

Thanks everyone. I called and talked to Scott. He is sending me the replacements. I wish I would have known about this earlier. I don't know how many times them poles knocked me on my mellon last year. You guys are so good here I have one more favor to ask. Please give me some ice. Thanks again.
Zimm

Thanks everyone. I called and talked to Scott. He is sending me the replacements. I wish I would have known about this earlier. I don't know how many times them poles knocked me on my mellon last year. You guys are so good here I have one more favor to ask. Please give me some ice. Thanks again.
Zimm

Slip

Two-years ago I had a pole go down the hole for my Clam 4600. I am currently using a concoction of PVC piping as a replacement. It is not perfect, but it works.

I am curious if they charged you for the new tubing.

Marmot