• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Walleye Jig

fishon68

I like Cabelas Walleye Wobble jigs, Whistler jigs are good ones too, tipped with a minnow in the spring. Later in the summer I like Northland Phelps floaters with a leech

I would suggest getting one of those combo boxes that has different sizes and colors so you can find what works on your lakes. Also Lindy now has those new jigs where the different colored lead heads clip onto the hook. Interesting concept.

Steve

I'm trying the lindy jigs this season, so far the hook size is the only thing that is a little off. But it is very early in the season.

Do you mean that the hook seems too big if you are using a smaller jig head?

Steve

Haven't used em,(New Lindy Ex-Change Jigs) but the hook looks huge, esp. if using the 1/8 oz head. Looks like an 1/8 oz of "hook" with an 1/8 oz head. Anyone using them with much success??

I was using a 3/8oz. Whistler jig chartuse/orange and added a small treble stinger to it. Put on a whole crawler and stuck the stinger about four inches from the jig and drifted with it and caught walleye's better than spinner/crawler's or plain single hooked leeches.

Caught 2-26.5" eye's, and a 27 7/8" eye on this jig!

where i fish pink seems to be the ticket. type doesnt matter as much as color, usually use standard gumball, smallest possible for wind/ current. cant figure it out because they slam the darker colored swims and raps, and ironically the bigger the better. might have to try the lindy if the hook is a little bigger.

Multi-colored jigs are probably my favorite. The color changes seems to provide a little bit of a "flash" that catches the fish's attention a little better at times. Orange/Chart, Black/White(Pearl) with a little red dot on the top, Black/Red.

Super-glo chart. seems to always be a good producer too.

i just got home from leech and used the new lindy jigs. LOVED them. could change sizes very fast and get back to fishing without having to cut off and retie. it was very windy and changing hooks was a pain.

iceman