Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thorski

NYC Military fly-over denied!

9 posts in this topic

In light of the mess created from the Air Farce 1 fly-over, the FAA has denied the Navy's request for a P-3 fly-over of Manhattan at 3,000 ft.

Now our own military can not fly over the very city and country it works to protect!

What the #$%@!

Looks like someone else looking for things to complain and argue about.

Perhaps the FAA has a very good reason for denying the request. Perhaps someone learned a lesson from the Air Force one screw up.

Perhaps the P-3 flyover is another waste of tax payer money and maybe the FAA just saved us a few hundered thousand dollars. Maybe you should be thanking them instead of trying to find a way to make a big deal out of insignificant event.

If the gov't needs to fly over to prodect us, that's one thing. When it's a photo shoot and scares the living carp out of the folks that lived through 911, that's another thing.

Poor judgment and, in this case, I think the FAA is in the right.

I have a feeling that since the FAA was given the chance to deny the request it must not be that important of a flyer over.

If there was a real threat that needed to be dealt with the FAA wouldn't have the chance to deny the request.

I'm guessing the FAA was in the right on this as well. For sure there is more to the story, mainly whay was the purpose of the P-3 fly over and why did the FAA deny it.

while i didn't see the need for AF1 fly over of NY from a tax dollar standpoint, i think the freak out over the whole thing might have been a little much.

while i didn't see the need for AF1 fly over of NY from a tax dollar standpoint, i think the freak out over the whole thing might have been a little much.

easy for us to say here in Minnesota. People fleeing out of buildings because of their perception tells another story.

It was to have flown no lower than 3,000 feet, well above New York's tallest skyscrapers, in an air corridor where planes of a similar size are a common sight.

A Navy spokeswoman, Cmdr. Pauline Storum, said at least 25 such P-3 flights have been flown through New York City's airspace since 2001. "This was a routine training event,"

About as big a deal as swine flu.

I still remember in the middle of the cold war the images of the whole russian army and such doing the muscle flexing marhs and drives through the square to show the world how powerful they are. I really never remember that as something we needed here.

I will admit I saw a couple of fighters flying into MPLS airport just the other day and it did run a bit of pride through ya but. To make a show of it it just isn't the american way.

Just this citizens .02 worth.