• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing pole help

I picked up a g loomis sjr 782 glx 6'6" med fast action rod, fished with it this past weekend and really was not impressed with the feel of the rod (sensitivity and the handle itself).

I usually lindy rig most of the time, and I see g loomis has there walleye series but I want to stay with the glx so they have two opions the 6'2" wjr 742s and the 7' wrr8400s. It seem to me with the longer rod you lose sensitivity with the rod seeming flimsy. I've always have fished with a 6' rod. If anybody has fished with them or know somebodys thay has I just need some input.

Rod action and power for different applications is a personal thing. For lindy rigging I like a med lt 7 ft rod. I also use a 9 foot fly rod wrapped up as a spinning rod for when I use a really long leader.

The length of the rod depends on what length snell you use when Lindy rigging, if you're fishing Mille Lacs with 6-10 foot snells I would recommend at least a 7 ft rod.

The 8400GLX is a great rod. The lightweight guides and blank make it ultra sensitive. You will have no problem feeling any bite, or even your weight hitting the swivel.

My favorite rigging rod though is a HSR9000 GLX. It is 7'6" and great for the long snell lengths I use. It is the G Loomis rod of choice for many guys who fish long leaders.

Rumor has it Loomis may come out with a longer Walleye series rod for rigging next year, also with the Recoil guides and GLX blank.

The 8400GLX is a great rod. My favorite rigging rod though is a HSR9000 GLX.

Those are the best options for rigging from Loomis. The IMX 781 would be a better option over the GLX 782 - the 2 power GLX is pretty stiff. The cork on all my Loomis factory rods is pathetic, swiss cheese.

I just got a LES76MLF St. Croix that I'm impressed with. It has a slightly heavier tip than the HSR9000, very light and sensitive rod with a sweet backbone. The cork is high quality too.