Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Iambjm

H20 Question

6 posts in this topic

I have an H20C, with the car plugin. This may be a dumb question, but can I install a car type plugin in my boat and is it difficult. I am fairly adept at doing things on my own, but want to make sure I can get it done before I go drilling holes in my Lund. Any special type of plugin? Do I have to worry about water getting in while it is plugged in and shorting things out. Any advice would be appreciated.

I did the same thing, got a cig lighter from a auto parts dealer with a rubber plug to keep water out when not in use. I'm sure it s not 100% water tight, but I've had no problems in 5 years with this.

It's an easy job. I bought a couple "marine" plug ins from Cabela's last year for my H2Oc and spotlights. Very easy to install.

Wally World has a 12 volt outlet with a self-closing hinged cover, for just this purpose. In the auto dept.

Another option is to tie into the fuse panel with an extension type corded outlet. That's what I did. I just keep it under the console and can reach under and plug in my H2Oc without any problems.