• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

permit to carry/conceal and carry

Yep, for transporting it make sure it's unloaded/cased and a loaded magazine is not in the gun (a loaded magazine is legal to have and transport) and you shouldn't have a problem. Have fun with it!

I was told during my class that the gun and ammo could not be together.(for non permit holder) The gun being cased and the ammo would have to be in a seperate case or in the trunk of the vehicle. We always carried our ammo on the seat or in the case. Was shocked to find out that wasn't legal. Might need to be the right officer to make a stink about it but not willing to take the chance.

Hmmmm I usually have a clip loaded with high velocity hollow points inside my gun case when I transport. I do this because when my gun is stored at my residence in my case I want a clip loaded just in case I need it and leave them in there until I get to the range then unload the clip and reload target ammo.

I took the course at the Sherburne county sheriff's office in elk river. great job, indoor range at the end....

my wife to a much longer course like 7 nights in Rice MN(intro to handguns and permit class)

I got a 100 on the shooting test and my wife scored the highest in her class of 20.

it isn't that hard, some people make ne nervous.

after reading the entire thread it is important to note, the class for a permit to carry a pistol, ASSUMES you are proficient with your handgun, if you don't know how to operate it, and/or are not accurate this course will not help you, you need an intro to handguns or similar