• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where is everybody? Nobody out fishing?

mnmarlin

This has to be the slowest opener I've seen. Hardly any activity - only about 15 trucks/trailers at the access on Ottertail, West Battle access on the east side was EMPTY! On Opening weekend? Whats up with that? Economy that bad? Mothers day conflict? Just seems like a general lack of activity around town too.

The weather I think is a major factor as always on opener. Around this area I can tell you it had no effect at all though. Around Hutchinson most of the lakes are packed and all the landings for the most part have been full.

Hardly anybody at the lakes around Hutch today.....or this morning anyway. Everyone must have stayed in bed where it was warm. Those that did go didn't seem to stay long.

Wed., Thurs., and Friday where the lowest/slowest I can remember for seeing trucks and boats going up north from Elk River to Zimmerman on Hwy 169 when going south to work in the morning. Friday when coming into work, I only counted "3" trucks with boats on them and two of them where in the McDonalds parking lot crazy (this was about 7am). Most years it is a truck and boat every third vehicle.

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
I did my first opener on Mille Lacs. Lots of boats, but I don't think it was overly crowded. I can't say for sure since it was my first opener there, but it wasn't all that bad.

Any luck?

One keeper pushing 17" the rest were too big. Not like that's a bad problem to have. Got a few 20 to 21 inchers and a nice fat 22 incher.