• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

catching pike not muskies

Guideman-

Just re-read page 2.

Still dont see something about special interest groups?

Perhaps you could quote the part you are concerned with? I just dont see it there - but I have been known to overlook things - thats for sure...

Thanks

...and to answer the original question Fish how you would fish pike and don't let the fact that the lake has muskie in it change how you fish. If you are not targeting muskie you are not targeting musky plain and simple even if special interest groups feel you may be stepping on toes or acting unethically.

I personally have no problem pulling onto to ANY lake targeting pike as I feel fit.

I believe this is what they are referring to?

My $.02 says that if you are honestly and legally chasing a certain species and incidentally catch another species and safely return it to the lake, whats the big deal?

Steve

My $.02 says that if you are honestly and legally chasing a certain species and incidentally catch another species and safely return it to the lake, whats the big deal?

Steve

Some people have nothing better to do so they need to make a big deal over nothing.

Heck, Tuesday I was casting a fat rap for northern. Caught 2 northern followed by about a dozen bass. CO drove by and I continued on with my current tactics. He didnt say a thing.

Oh c'mon guys....not making a big deal out of anything...just some friendly "conversation" thats what this site is about. Every year this topic gets discussed so it must be in peoples minds smile

Well i fish pike on tonka and many other lakes that house muskies. I even often use big redeye wigglers, beleavers, Big spinnerbaits, Big crankbaits, mepps giant killers, Quick strike rigs, Big lindy rigs, all pike killers ecspecially in the fall. On the other hand often times ill throw little rattle traps, walleye jigs, small buzzbaits, zara spooks and other small pikebaits too. Just depends i guess. I even caught some nice pike this weekend crappie fishing with 4lb test. Needless to say though i got broke off by a couple too with that particular gear!!