Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saw557

Lost bird

5 posts in this topic

Just got back from my hunt. Saw lots of birds seemed like they were still with the hens. I rolled a gobbler over friday morning about 35 yds out and he got up and ran off. Not sure what happened he was doing the chicken walk through the gooseberry bushes at any rate I SCREWED UP ! I found a blood trail and tracked him for about 150 yds and lost the track looked for another hour....no bird really bummed me out

That really suck. Hope you didn't have to travel to far. Still great to just be out in the wood.

Nah not to bad 350 miles one way....slept in the topper of my truck 5 nights...got rained on three different times..pricless would do it all again

Sorry to hear that. Glad to hear you still enjoyed the hunt...Sounds like my hunt last year...5 nights under a truck topper that wasn't 100% waterproof as it rained and snowed and dropped below freezing.

As your comments indicated, it isn't about the bird, it's about the hunt. Cheers to having an opportunity and seeing birds. You'll get 'em next year.

Huh ! sounds like you were hunting the same time I was last year same 5 nites in the topper and snow/rain every day....still better than working!