• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Honda Recon ES Problem? Help please

FishinMitch91

I have a Honda Recon ES and when I started it today it ran and warmed up but then when I put it in first gear it died. Know when I tried to put it into nuetral the 1st gear light just blinked. It won't change into nuetral the light just blinks in first gear. Hopefully it's just something stupid and easy to fix for my cousins machine. THanks in advance

With the key on, try gently rocking it (a little push on the handlebars) and shifting it into N. Mine has occasionally done that and a bit of movement has allowed shifting out of gear.

Possibly a bad angle sensor. I believe they had a recall or service bulletin on these a while back.

ya we had our 03 Rancher ES in the shop 8 times since we bought it new,the last time was about a year ago so I think they finally got it figured out,good thing we got the extended warranty!