Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishinMitch91

Honda Recon ES Problem? Help please

6 posts in this topic

I have a Honda Recon ES and when I started it today it ran and warmed up but then when I put it in first gear it died. Know when I tried to put it into nuetral the 1st gear light just blinked. It won't change into nuetral the light just blinks in first gear. Hopefully it's just something stupid and easy to fix for my cousins machine. THanks in advance

Possibly a bad angle sensor. I believe they had a recall or service bulletin on these a while back.

With the key on, try gently rocking it (a little push on the handlebars) and shifting it into N. Mine has occasionally done that and a bit of movement has allowed shifting out of gear.

Possibly a bad angle sensor. I believe they had a recall or service bulletin on these a while back.

ya we had our 03 Rancher ES in the shop 8 times since we bought it new,the last time was about a year ago so I think they finally got it figured out,good thing we got the extended warranty!

I had same problem with my rancher. It was the shift position sensor and it is easy to replace yourself.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•   Where did I say anything about entitlement for anything for anyone? Nor did I name any news agencies, so maybe you should answer your own questions.    Maybe your just upset because you've got snow to shovel and I don't.
    • Butt the 2 sheets tigh and leave the gap against the side walls of the boat where it will be less noticeable and get no foot traffic . A thin strip of aluminum riveted or screwed on the underneath side of the plywood helps to hold the seam tight
    • two bowls of that will send you to heaven!!
    • 10 IN THE BOAT HERE ON HIDDEN BAY early this morning. Can’t sleep so I got up and made a breakfast and rolled myself into the den to look at my mess. I am in the middle of a computer upgrade when my new addition decided to die on me. Not a new computer but the daughters old one which when running is ten times the old junker that I have been running. We have narrowed it done to the power supply but I am going to have my x son in law take a look before we do anything. If my den is not all ready crowded enough with a cluttered desk and tobacco out to roll some cigars and the trays of flowers under the grow lights there is just enough room for me and my chair.   So I hitched a ride yesterday afternoon to the Lodge with my neighbor Chuck. Place was quiet so I was actually working going over sales the last week and plotting sales when we had games on the new TV and sales are up. We will have it paid for here shortly and it might even make us money this summer if the Twins can put any kind of a season together. So I am at the bar and a older gent walks in that looks vaguely familiar. Looks the place over then takes a seat on a stool in front of me "HIYA" he says and I return the greeting. "Where are the dogs" he asks. I sit back in my stool and ask "You mean Bud and Barney?" He nods his head yes and says "It has been awhile since I have been here but I do remember being greeted by two big brown dogs" " They both passed a few years ago." I said. He nodded his head and said "Sorry for your loss" and we both just sat for awhile thinking of old dogs.   "My name is Luis" and he put out his hand which I shook. "Got a place on the end of the lake and this is a long drive to get here but I decided to make the drive today" "Welcome to the Lodge Luis" I said then I yelled out "Duncan" and Duncan got up from the couch in the office and came out to the main room. "Say hi to Luis" Duncan then came around to Luis, sat down and stuck out his paw to be shook. Luis chuckled some and shook Duncan’s paw and looked back at me and said "I figured you would not be dog less" Some petting and a few good rubs and the two of them were now long loss friends. Duncan came around the bar and laid down on his rug by the cooler.   "So what can I get ya Luis?" Luis looked at the back wall and said "You know it looks like a beer day, How about a Hamms?" So I poured him one and a shortly for myself and went into my bartender mode. "You have a dog Luis?" I asked. Luis wiped his mouth with his sleeve and smacked his lips. "I don’t but my wife does. "What kind ?" I asked and Luis told me he does not remember, it was expensive though and it is retired. "Retired, I asked, How old is it?" Luis taking another sip of his beer said "Two"   "How can it be retired already" I asked. Luis looking into his beer glass said "Well the wife carries it everywhere, dresses it up in spendy dog clothes, It fits inside her purse and she takes it shopping claming it is her companion, I thought I was her companion" Luis held out his glass for a refill and I poured him another. We spent some time talking about hunting dogs and big house dogs and dogs that never see the inside of a purse. I sat on my stool behind the bar with Duncan’s paw resting on my foot, I guess it aint all that bad here at Lake Iwanttobethere
    •     Sounds like Trump wants to run it like the DNC and the GOP run the debates, only minus the DNC...      
    •     Yes, that's what I was thinking.....    
    •   Rush was getting the pills from multiple doctors and off the street, which is punishable by up to 5 years in prison..  But, of course, he had the financial means to avoid prison, whereas the average Joe does not.   Ending the war on drugs means getting the federal government less involved with drug abuse, since they have failed miserably at the job.   States like Arizona and those going ahead with legalizing marijuana as a first step are taking the lead, and eventually the feds will have to step aside.   http://substanceabuse.az.gov/substance-abuse/rethink-rx        
    • I think about how to plan my housboat vacation. Do you have amazing ideas? 
    • Hi guys. I am a new member to this forum. This forum is so cool. I am glad being a member. 
    • Wow. You are great guys. 
  • Our Sponsors