• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I just love boats

I don't know what it is, but I absolutely LOVE boats!

If I driving and one passes me on the road, I'll yank my head around to get a better look.

I'm less obsessed, but still do the same thing with campers.

My route during the week takes me past some fishing lakes and I've been known to take a minute and swing past the boat launch. And I love to go to sportshows, boat dealers, and camper dealers.

Anybody else feel the way I do about these man-made items of enjoyment?

I too augle fishing and bass boats. Tin cans especialy, but I like glass too. I look at almost every boat on the side of the road for sale, and passing in trafic.

Not to fond of pontoons and runabouts. (I too am prejuduce blush)

I too stare at about every boat I see. I drool over the nice fishing boats and laugh at the big "I'm compensating for something" boats. Someday soon I'll have a boat of my own I like to stare at and drool over. Right now, I just have a boat that works.

I picked a spot at Wallie world the other day twice as far from the door as I needed to just so I could park next to a new lund glass boat so I could get a good look. Nice to see I'm not the only one out there... grin

Plus I've been yelled at a few times by my wife for checking out boats on the lake instead of watching the road. from the way she shreeks and yells at me you'd think I was checking out other women eek.

I don't like to box myself in and only oogle at fishing boats. A nice Mastercraft with tower and speakers is pretty sweet too! Okay, I can admit I don't get very excited over pontoons. But if I could have 3 boats, one of them would be a pontoon.

The irony is that the 14' foot Lund and Alumacrafts with bench seats and a 15 horse will catch trophies just like the $50-60k Rangers and Pro-V Glass boats.

Originally Posted By: prov1900
Exactly!! I don't care what brand or how old, I still like to look at them all, unless it isn't a fishing boat (admitted prejudice grin)

Defiantly has to be a fishing rig, or I don't look at all.

Me also. Tin to glass. I dang near drive off the road. smile Ya never know when you see a gadget on someones boat that you might like on yours.

I love to look at boats to. I also love to see old boats on the water, the older the better. If I see a boat in the water from the 50's or 60's that looks nice I cant help but stare, even boats from the 70's or 80' catch my eye if they look nice.

Ha! Yep, I get yelled at too for looking at boats too much when I am driving smile I try to ID the boat and motor from a long ways away, and then speed up to it to see if I am right smile Those Ranger 6-series are easy to ID but hard for me to get the model right from a distance... except the 621, ha! That is enormous!

I like them all, but like you guys say, only if it is a fishing boat. Speed boats do nothing for me, unless they have a big ol' outboard on back smile