• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lunch Time Gold Finch

eyeguy 54

The boy has a pretty good grip on that feeder. I really like the color on the feet. Your camera must have picked up on that somewhat. It's interesting how people find something unique with each image.

Mike

Just put a new feeder up so I could try to get a better cardinal shot. The finches sure like it. They like the oil seeds better than the finch food! smile It's fun to watch them eat a seed with the binos.

2z5szgo.jpg

I actually was surprised that they were eating the finch food at all. I've been using a 50 pound bag someone gave me out in the squirrel feeder (an old hauling sled) in the back of the yard. It has helped to keep the squirrels and grackels at bay. And the white throateds seem to like it, too. My goldfinches like the black sunnies and a thistle and sunflower chip combination. You are having fun with this, aren't you? That's great!

Yes I am having fun. smile I worked at a birdseed plant when I was in my early 20's back a lifetime ago. Been feeding birds all my life. I remember one time I took a 5 gallon bucket full of millet and made a big peace sign in the parking lot next to where we dumped the grain to be augered to the packaging plant. Probably about20 feet across. It only took about 15 minutes and it was covered with sparrows. Looked cool! Wish I would have had a camera back then. :>)

The plant closed down about 10 years ago and they do something else there now. It's 200 miles from here. Maybe I could do it in a Burger King parking lot with french fries and get a seagul peace sign. heehee