• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Are trailer hooks legal in Minnesota?

LazyIke

The regulations book says a treble hook is legal when part of an artificial lure, but does not mention if a trailer hook is considered a legal addition to an artificial lure.

yeah i have ran it - has some pretty unique action but i think the reason they got rid of it was that it is pretty easy to have fish come unbuttoned. how about this rig

2fluke.jpg

on each hook one of you favorite plastics. Is this considered one rig because the ball bearing swivel encompasses it all?

Ike- where did you get that Mann's bait form? That is pretty neat looking! It is more or less a funky swimbait. Probably be good around schoolers that are busting baitfish on the surface or have them pinned to a shore line.

On a side note- It would be nice to be able to use a jig as a carolina rig weight wouldn't it? Double up on some of those deep humps in late summer...

so if i took a 8 inch senko ripped it in half and put a half on each hook i am golden?

loop hole?

Nope- I would say not legal. If you took one senko, and embedded hooks in each end with the set-up you previously showed, that would be legal.