• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Morels, What is your favorite way to cook them?

I like to saute them in butter, or do the egg wash cracker crumb thing, and mix the morels up in a pot of wild rice. Soooooooo Good! The leaves are finally starting to bud up this way, it won't be long.

asleson, I have to ditto archerystud, Just saute them in butter (but DON'T burn 'em) and serve with your favorite whatever! I've been out about 11 times and have a bunch drying now. It's just hard to decide which way to make with them! My favorite is to TOTALLY dry them, grind them and serve them on top of scrambled eggs. I once had a hard time getting up for breakfast...but that did the trick!! Save'em, dry'em and eat'em when nobody else has'em, During the fall and winter...they're PRIMO!!! If you hunt rabbits...They are a PERFECT match to roast rabbit meat!! Phred52

Fried in butter with fresh venison backstraps and onions is amazing.

Also with ruffed grouse. I brown the grouse breasts, then put in the crockpot with a can or two of cream of mushroom soup for a few hours. About 2 hours before it's time to eat, I add in the morels.