Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikey1685

Gas Can Questions

8 posts in this topic

I have a standard 6 gal red gas can for my 25 hp motor, is the air vent on the gas cap supposed to only be open when your running the motor? also when i hook the hose up to the gas can it always sprays out gas until i get the rubber hose snapped in? what am i doing wrong?

how far are you supposed to fill a 6.6 gallon tank? 5 gallons too much?

well 1st off its a 6 gallon tank and ive only got 5 gallons plus the oil in,so i dont think its over filled,

i keep my vent open so it doesn't get too pressurized

Vent slighty opened for me. I have a similar setup. Make sure the vent isn't too loose. My cap came off before while driving and gas went every where in the back of the boat. That sucked!

The vent, I leave closed only during storage. just before leaving i will barely crack it open and during use I also leave it cracked open. But when I get home and park it in the garage I close it.

I usually would have 5 to 6 gallons in the 6.6 gallon can. I measure oil for 5 gallons at a time and add 5 gallons of gas...

But thankfully this year I switched to a four stroke motor, and I dont have to worry anymore about oil mixing.

You're not doing anything wrong. The hose is also pressurized because of the primer bulb. So when you hook it up to the motor or the tank it will sometimes releave the pressure and out comes some gasoline.

i leave mine cracked all the time. But our boat sits outside and everytime u open it before we go its like a gas bomb of vapors coming out if we dont leave it cracked