• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

wood ticks

hey all!

I don't see a "general" forum, so figured I'd post my question/statement here.

how are the wood ticks in your areas? they are starting to show up here now, my daughter come home with one the other day from the school field. arg.

we get them really bad in the spring,, nasty little buggers.

We get them bad around here. We go camping at a spot a bit north east of here and they are so bad you take a 2 mile hike in the woods and they are crawling all over you. I get em on me like that and I swear I can feel em crawling on me for hours. Yuck sick

I am suprised I have not found any on me yet. My dog had one about a week ago. Last Sunday my son and I were deep in the woods for a couple hours working on a deer stand. Got home and checked him over thoruoghly. None yet but I'm sure they will be out in force soon....

I personally haven't been out in the woods since my daughter found one on her,, I've been working and then it rained for 2 days,, so it's been indoor stuff... I am back to work for 2.. then off for 3,, so I am hoping to get out for some adventures! but I understand they'll be out full force shortly frown

I spent about 15 minutes in a WMA a few days ago, and came out covered with them. By the end of the night, I removed 20 ticks. The next day, I found 2 still imbedded in my scalp. If you would like some, I'd be more than happy to send a few your way. grin

I spent about 15 minutes in a WMA a few days ago, and came out covered with them. By the end of the night, I removed 20 ticks. The next day, I found 2 still imbedded in my scalp. If you would like some, I'd be more than happy to send a few your way. grin

Thanks, but I think i will pass on that offer grin

I was out on Cedar Lake last night fishing off the shore line and didn't get a single tick, but I have about 6 NASTY gnat bites frown. I haven't really been out too much yet to notice the tick population in the cities, but for what I have been out I haven't gotten a tick.

Watch, I am helping a friend with landscaping all day tomorrow and will probably be loaded with them by days end! crazy

I was out on Cedar Lake last night fishing off the shore line and didn't get a single tick, but I have about 6 NASTY gnat bites frown. I haven't really been out too much yet to notice the tick population in the cities, but for what I have been out I haven't gotten a tick.

Watch, I am helping a friend with landscaping all day tomorrow and will probably be loaded with them by days end! crazy

give us an update when your through with the day,, I'd be curious to see how many you can yank off ya!

Yeah, but the weedy area I dumped the rock in my neighbors back yard was a slightly better area for them to try and take refuge on my legs.... crazy

I'm trying to be careful, both my mom and grandma have gotten lymes from ticks in recent years, not looking to continue the trend!!!! eek

We went up to fix a deer stand NW of Brainerd the weekend after Easter. It was the very warm weekend, and we had plenty of ticks.

Of course there were deer ticks and I didn't find one until he was dug in all the way for well over a day. Called the doctor for the next-day antibiotics right away but it was too late when I called. So now I am on a Lyme Disease watch for another month. (They said it can appear up to 8 weeks after the bite.) I don't foresee any problem though. The wound healed pretty quick with no soreness after a couple of days.

4 weeks of Lyme watch down, 4 to go. Got to love ticks.

DD

We went up to fix a deer stand NW of Brainerd the weekend after Easter. It was the very warm weekend, and we had plenty of ticks.

Of course there were deer ticks and I didn't find one until he was dug in all the way for well over a day. Called the doctor for the next-day antibiotics right away but it was too late when I called. So now I am on a Lyme Disease watch for another month. (They said it can appear up to 8 weeks after the bite.) I don't foresee any problem though. The wound healed pretty quick with no soreness after a couple of days.

4 weeks of Lyme watch down, 4 to go. Got to love ticks.

DD

man that sux. frown

I was out last night for a while, and have no ticks to report thus far.. I'm working now, but expect to be doing some more outdoor stuff through the week on my days off..

I was up at Maplewood State park and the wood ticks were really bad also. But even here in the Twin Cities, I have taken a local walk and seen more ticks than I am used too. My poor dog comes home covered.

We took a hike at Jay Cooke state park Sunday and wound up with 3 of the nasty little buggers between 2 of us. Heading to a campground up north a bit that it notorious for them under normal years so this year could be real interesting.