Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Dave2

CARBURETOR QUESTION

4 posts in this topic

Last night I took the carb of of my son's '72 Kitty Cat Snowmobile to clean it. I took the main jet off and I wasn't thinking so I didn't check out how many turns it was turned out. I am assuming that this jet cant be turned all the way back in. Anyone know where to start at with this jet? Will a couple of turns out work?

Screw it in then back it out 3/4 turn. From there fine tune it under load.

Your welcome. You will find that on both high and low speed adjustments you will get to the point where the engine RPMs climb to their highest point. Some might think that is where the mixture should be. What is happening is that is a lean condition and you'll want to richen the mixture(turn screw out).

At idle turn hitting the highest RPM then continue to turn out till the RPMs just start to drop. This will ensure an engine that will start easy and idle correctly.

High speed setting is much the same. Get to the highest RPM and then turn out till the RPMs begin to drop. This will ensure your not running under a lean condition. Lean condition will overheat but worse yet burn a piston.

Good luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Probably  Canadian. Appears some zealous border guards kept the rest pf them out.
    • my bird id book says its a spotted towhee,used to be called a rufus sided towhee.  
    • Never claimed they were rocket scientists, and I did say they are terrible at putting garbage in containers. Words are all spelled right, just don't make much sense--must be from over seas.
    • You are right. But there was a whole lot of head scratching from the rest of us.  Here is a tasty sample. Thought I'd put it out here for ya just so you do not think your side is hoarding all the genius.  
    • Yea, highly doubt the calls were for well wishes and almost assuredly  illegal at the time, but doubt anything will be able to be proved. Number and length of calls along with a "no no" will probably be the only thing coming out of the Senate inquiry. Am sure Flynn and if whomever else will be well versed on a non incriminating reply. Hard to take down any high ranking gubmint official, no matter the party. 
    • I can't wait for the hearings.  Lock those filthy pigs up!  Send em all to gitmo, heard they have plenty of room there. So how did all that russian propaganda end up on the dnc server?  Youve got 50 pages of hard evidence for that i bet.
    • Reddit I believe   https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/5i63d1/40_electoral_college_members_demand_briefing_on/db5or6d/?st=iy9h32qk&sh=3f2619dd   There were plenty of criminal things the Clinton team could have been charged with but when the inmates run the asylum the usual rules don't apply.
    • Hillary and DWS didn't commit any crimes as difficult as that is to believe. Sketchy politics certainly, but what happens within a political party has no legal ramifications. The FBI already cleared Clinton of wrongdoing with regards to the email.   Flynn and other members of Trump's team are likely in violation of the Logan Act.
    • Well, if that happens then let the chips fall but do you think they will be arresting Hillary and DWS at the same time? If so it would be a good start.
  • Our Sponsors