Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IFallsRon

Manram is juicer

25 posts in this topic

Manny Ramirez has tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs and will be suspended 50 games starting today, The Times has learned.

I just saw this also, I am a little bit happy inside! He is a major reason for what is wrong with baseball!

$8,000,000 in salary loss alone.

I don't think he will be in the food stanp line yet, though.

DD

He'll have every excuse in the book! I never liked the guy too much, I don't like the way he acted in Boston.

I just saw this on MLB network. shockedI am shocked!!! wink

Knock me over with a feather. Manny is a cheater.... didn't see that comming at all. smirk

Manny is saying it was not steroids but was a presription drug that he didn't realize was a banned substance? What an [PoorWordUsage]....

I just saw this also, I am a little bit happy inside! He is a major reason for what is wrong with baseball!

WOW!!! we finally agree on something wink people like him should be banned for LIFE, they really ruined the game!!!

Sounds like it was a drug to fix a particularily embarassing man problem.

Lets just say if he was trying to throw a football through a tire swing he wouldn't be able to do it without this perscription.

He admits to using it and it says he is not going to appeal the decision since he says the rules are clear on it. How ever the players union might appeal it for him.

The question is did the man problem arise (pun intended) becuase of past steroid use or becuase of other natural causes.

Either way it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. smirk

I love that none of them ever say, "I did it, I am guilty, I knew what I was doing was wrong...." It's always how they didn't know that it was a banned substance or whatever... They all got what they deserve.

I think he did it on purpose. He just wanted a couple months off...

I think he did it on purpose. He just wanted a couple months off...

That would make sense! grin I still like that guy anyway!

Another worthless piece of human garbage gets caught and denies denies denies, when will the public wake up to all this. The only way to get rid of it is zero tolerance, first time caught...gone from baseball....salary.....gone....records in the record book....wiped clean!!!

I have no use for any of the guys who have been caught, most are some of the largest tools in the shed in my humble old crusty opinion. Old school baby!

Gotta love the reasoning in baseball. Bet on some of the games and your banned for life. Cheat your whole career and you get suspended part of the season. Wish everyone would just quit watching and going to the games.

8 million...wow...I would be memorizing that list of substances and taking no chances, sing it in the shower, write it 5 times over on a sheet of notebook paper, whatever it takes...these guys don't have any excuses. Pretty sick.

Another worthless piece of human garbage gets caught and denies denies denies, when will the public wake up to all this. The only way to get rid of it is zero tolerance, first time caught...gone from baseball....salary.....gone....records in the record book....wiped clean!!!

I have no use for any of the guys who have been caught, most are some of the largest tools in the shed in my humble old crusty opinion. Old school baby!

Couldn't agree more! Who can you trust now, who are the real "natural" talents out there. It should be a one and done deal.

Zero tolerance is the right idea. If you get caught using steriods you should be banned from baseball; end of career.

Pretty simple

The previous post didn't list everything I posted. Kinda like MLB. I take 1800 mg of Ibuprofen and lipitor to get bye every day. Am I a cheater to my wife my kids and my job? Think not, just doing what I can to make it work.

Ibuprofen and Lipitor are not "banned" substances in your job/everyday life. So no, you are not a "juicer".

Womens furtility drugs commonly used to mask steroid use, to convince your body to begin to replace the testosterone it stoped making due to steroid use are banned by MLB. Therefor, Manram is a "juicer".

Got to agree with Neighbor Guy there Rose,

I hit the ibuprofen quite a bit myself with two bad knees and a bad back but I don't get paid millions of dollars nor am I competing on a physical level with others for my job as a performance based career. These guys that use every illegal substance under the sun to gain a physical edge on people they are competing against for a limited number of jobs not only hurt themselves, they hurt the integrity of the games that America loves and comes to quantify with record books. And furthermore, their fame and fortune that they attract also is seen by America's youth who idolize them and want to be like them and the lines get blurry and all of a sudden you have grade school and high school kids "juicing" to gain that edge, and beat out the competition and they start destroying their bodies at early ages. How many people have to die of these drugs before the powers that be wake up and go to a Zero Tollerance Policy?

Rethink your position, MJ, you have always seemed to be a logical person in the past.

PS Happy Mothers Day to all the FM "Mothers" out there, LOL!

Windy

Good call Windy, just think this issue is a little more of the "I hate Manny." He is/was probably trying to hide something, but what he got caught for, I don't know. I think I saw a stat that said there is 2600 players under contract in mlb, show me 2600 people in the workforce that are clean. Your right, its about the money and what we as fans expect.

MJ,

I can go along with that. I have never been a Manny basher, don't like the guy, think he is one of the biggest tools in the shed, but never bashed him, until now! Juicers get zero tolerance in my book. I can't stand Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, Sammy Sosa, Roger Clemens or Ralphie Palmero. I think they are the poster children for what is wrong with baseball today. As for the 2600 people in the workforce today, and I go back to the fact that what I do for a living is not enhanced nor is my job performance enhanced by illegal drugs that will eventually kill me. Steroids do just that, give them an edge in a work force that is totally based on physical performance. That being said, I can tell you that I for one am totally clean and that any benefits from taking steriods would do nothing to advance my career, not the same can be said for athletes.

I will get down off my soap box now! LOL

So how does the testing work? Are all MLB'ers tested every spring or is it just 8 random guys from each team? And how long do these tests take? I'm with you guys, instant ban and record books wiped and put Rose in the HOF