• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lund mr. pike

white80a

I believe it was 2007 for the last year of production on the Mr. Pike series boats. They were laid out perfect for fishing and I don't understand why they weren't more popular. The closest thing to them now is the Predator series boats with the console option. They are pretty close. I was happy to see the Predator and Pro Guide lines come out as they are pretty awesome boats. I prefer tiller boats, and the Pro Guide has what I need in a boat. Until I can afford one though, I will run my 14' footer.

I believe it was 2007 for the last year of 17 and 18 foot Mr Pike. You're right, there is nothing quite like that now. The Explorers have the IPS2 hull and a decent HP rating, but do not have the closed gunnels. There is an 18 foot Pro-V, but I assume this is a little higher price point.

Who really knows. Why did they take away the Fisherman and then bring it back? I would guess the Mr Pike name will return at some point.

From what I’ve seen at boat shows and from talking to sells men. There is a lot more money to be made in selling the bigger boat. So if the sells men don’t want to show them they are not going to sell them.

As you can see from some of the posts here, the only way to get a good boat in the 16-17foot class is to redo an older boat. I was looking for a new boat last year. I saw nothing better then my 1983 class 16’ Lund Pro Angler. So I’ll keep using it.