Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

Pretty quiet in here. I figured I'd get something going.

Headed to Algoma in mid June and was wondering how the fishin typically is for that time of year. For anyone thats fished out of there that time of year, what has your experience been like...Types of Salmon, Size, Numbers caught, any other info?

Thats about the time they start hitting but it's been getting earlier every year. The last 3 years i've been picking up good numbers of 10-15# fish in mid-late June. There is usually not as much boat traffic as in July/Aug too which is a great thing. Good luck to you. First i need to get on some gills and then I'll be out there chasing salmon too.

It really depends on the water temps. If you get warmer water temps in June the salmon will be going pretty well if it stays cool like last year then it is mainly a steelhead bite with an occassional brown or king thrown into the mix. I have seen years where the salmon are on a tear by mid june but the water temps were in the mid 50's then as well.

Tunrevir~

we'll be fishing in kewaunne buy then. last year it was cold water. the fish where in the top of the water'most of where steelie's. and found coho's to. hop this year is a little better. good luck fishing! we will be out there every weekend starting now till nov. 1st. i'llkeep posting on kewaunne.

most fish are around 8 pounds, sometimes you'll find fish that are 10 to 15 range. almost all come off the board's,with small spoon's. and most important is water temp. find the brake's.