• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ABU GARCIA BAITCASTER

triggertrav

Question

i have an older(10Yrs?) baitcasting reel and the line feed on it is hanging up on the right side of the guide. Is anyone aware of an easy/cheap fix for this issue - i don't think that i need to replace the reel, but need to figure something out.

Thanks-trav

4 answers to this question

You just need to replace the pawl in it. It's a matter of unscrewing the cap on the bottom side of the levelwind, taking out the old pawl, and putting in a new one. You should be able to get a new pawl for free or a couple bucks from Abu.

I have heard from a couple people that Abu is very good to deal with and they are fast to get parts out to you. They have the parts breakdowns on their HSOforum to look at and find the right part that you need.

First look to see if there is some gunk (scientific term) on the worm gear that the pawl rides in. Might be that there is and cleaning it out is faster than getting a new pawl.

Too bad they don't have the secret compartment with spare pawl like the old pfleuger supreme had. :-)