• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AKC Hunt Tests question (pointing dogs)

rundrave

So I just tested my youngest dog this last weekend and was hoping to wrap up my Junior Hunt title. I had passed 3 of the 4 legs, and was hoping to make it a perfect 4 for 4, but unfortanetly I failed to get a passing score on my 4th leg.

Anyways my question now is this. There is another hunt test approaching and I asked the Hunt Test secretary that I only need one leg to get my title. If I was to sign up for both days and I got a pass the first day would I get my money back for the 2nd day if I didnt need to run, and I was told no.

Is this common? I did some more research on my own, and even got an answer from one of the judges that this is indeed the case. However I could take that entry fee for the 2nd day if it was not needed and apply it for a Senior Hunt Test the following day or a future test.

I could probably run in the Senior but my dog is pretty young yet and I know I could pass on the pointing, honor/backing but not sure how steady he would be to the flush. He is not %100 whoa broke yet so I am not sure if I would just be throwing my money away if I do jump right into the Senior tests.

The junior title to me should be a cake walk, but I as a handler probably cost my dog the title on his 4th run as I did not fire my starter pistol when I probably should have but thats a whole nother can of worms lol. So I know I can pass, but I may very well have another run of bad luck and not have a good run in the bird field.

They are correct, you will not be getting a refund.

You can either run the 2 day of JH stakes if you title the 1st, just for the fun of it... or

sign up for your SH for the second day. Run the JH the 1st with hopes of titling, and go to the SH and see how you do. As long as you do not finish a SH stake prior to getting your JH, you could always go back and finish that title at another event. I did this often, crossed registered my dogs. If they failed the lower stake but were in the mix in the higher stake until the last series, I would purposely scrub them if I wanted to go back and finish their lower title. Often if they would complete the 1st leg of the higher stake, I'd just keep moving forward on that title...

Good Luck!

Ken