• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deep Cycle Battery

anchor man

Question

7 answers to this question

The thing to watch for is the reserve capacity or number of reserve minutes. Less expensive batteries usually don't last as long because they have less lead in them ---- that's why they're not as expensive. Walmart is a great place to find less expensive batteries --- they're lightweight too --- but they don't have as much capacity as many others. Just something to be aware of when you're shopping.

That's why i suggested the batteries at fl-et f-rm. Alot of reserve capacity and very heavy. I have been using them for the last 10 years. I guess you are not familiar with them judging by your posting.

--------GREAT BATTERY FOR THE MONEY.

Should I expect to get more from a CCA 675 MMA 850 from Wlmrt (Ever Start) than from an Interstate CCA 600 MMA 750 from Gnder? Does brand have much difference or is it mostly in the CCA and MMA numbers?

My Exide Stowaway has been a good choice.

Edit: Okay, I just noticed you're talking about CCA therefore, you're not talking about deep-cycle batteries anymore, you're talking about dual-purpose or cranking batteries.

A deep-cycle will not usually have a CCA rating because they are not designed to crank engines.