• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's slowly getting better

DTro

Picked up a bunch of nice Channels tonight along with one Flat boated and another one unbuttoned.

Aanderud had a tough night though.

1. First three casts missed their mark and found shrubbery whistle

2. Several reties whistle

3. Lost butt cap on new rod whistle

4. Had handle basically fall off new reel whistle

5. Fish lost boatside in anchor rope whistle

6. Watched my anchor come untied while pulling up whistle

He redeemed himself with the only Flat of the night though. grin

My night wasn't quite as entertaining!!!!

But we did pick up two flats last night. Tried some snag fishing instead of the creeks and it paid off with a nice 32 by 19 flat to start things off.

Mr. Special landed a couple sturgeon on crawlers and kept throwing it out there......and was rewarded with a cute little 22 by 12 flattie.

The weather last night was really getting me excited about the summer. We ran from Shakopee to the Carver Trestle and back and hit a handful of spots that I haven't fished yet this year.

Thanks Phil for finding some nice bullies for us and hopefully we can get out again soon.

Picked up a bunch of nice Channels tonight along with one Flat boated and another one unbuttoned.

Aanderud had a tough night though.

1. First three casts missed their mark and found shrubbery whistle

2. Several reties whistle

3. Lost butt cap on new rod whistle

4. Had handle basically fall off new reel whistle

5. Fish lost boatside in anchor rope whistle

6. Watched my anchor come untied while pulling up whistle

He redeemed himself with the only Flat of the night though. grin

Wow......

I hope he was drinking when this was going on......

Would have made for a painful night otherwise.

I recall a story out there with Keys left on a motor cover on a ride back to the launch...Dohhhh....

Quote:
I recall a story out there with Keys left on a motor cover on a ride back to the launch...Dohhhh....

That was a great story! As said before better to get the kinks out now. I already lost an anchor this year up on the Rainy River, roughly 24hrs after I bought it mad So I think I should be good from here on out..........

Hey did he leave anything in that shubbery for me to find later this year whistle

Oh my, what a comical night. Fishing with me, you usually get a little unintentional comedy...but last night was hilarious.

First cast, straight overhead and I forgot there was a tree RIGHT above us, 6 feet above my head. That didn't work so well with the 8 foot rod.

Second cast over in yonder creek, but I lobbed it too high and it looped over a branch.

Third cast, chucked it lower but too far, over a mud bank...

A few casts later I decided to test how close I could get it to the snag...twice in a row I got a bit too close smile

Add in the anchor rope knot fiasco (hey at least I didn't tie that one) and the fish getting caught in the anchor, and it was quite a night.

All of that, and NO BEER!!! But, I did get a flathead.

Was out again last night. No flats, but we had four runs on live bait. We managed to boat three channels though. For a while, the channels were snappin pretty often. We missed a dozen or so bites to get those three fish. I just have a feeling that we're over the hump.

Finally got out for a bit with Brent and my brother. Brent put on a good lesson for us putting down 4 flats biggest being 24lbs. Not but 10mins after Brents 24lb flat my brother lands a 29lb flat and shows Brent up. Ended up getting 6 Flats and a Channel and got home well before midnight! It was a nice night to be out!

Finally got out for a bit with Brent and my brother. Brent put on a good lesson for us putting down 4 flats biggest being 24lbs. Not but 10mins after Brents 24lb flat my brother lands a 29lb flat and shows Brent up. Ended up getting 6 Flats and a Channel and got home well before midnight! It was a nice night to be out!

Hey were you the guys on the boat at a certain spot in Mankato?

I make sure I cast off my fist bullhead and the rest of the night usually goes smoothly. Caught a 10-12 pounder early this morning it still needs to warm up yet.