• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need some help please!!

Hey Everyone, I was asked by the Hutchinson Convention and Visitors Bureau to teach a class about travel photography to a group of visiting Good Sams. I gladly said yes and now I have to come up with a class to teach. Luckily it's only 1/2 hour long. Just looking for any ideas folks might have to make vacation and travel photographs better. I'll be going over things like composition, camera settings and some minor technical stuff.

If you have any other ideas, please feel free to share. I'm very excited and quite a bit nervous,but most of all very flattered to be asked to do this by a longtime professional photographer, who happens to be the Chamber President.

One simple tip that I remember made a lot of my travel photos be more valuable was to include family members, friends etc. as part of a scenic. Posed is okay, but candid is even better IMHO.

Photography can by such a fun part of the vacation activity. But it can also become very intoxicating. I would remind them that their photographs will be a wonderful reminder of a traveling experience, but that they should not let the camera come between them and the actual experience itself. Sometimes in madly setting up equipment, trying different settings to get the right effect, checking histos to 'capture' the moment, we learn the hard way that some moments are not to be captured. They are to be shared for a moment, and the only one who didn't get to share in it was you. Sometimes what is in the mind's eye is the better memory.

Thanks Everyone! Those are great tips. Sarah, I agree with you wholeheartedly! I sometimes do that and have to really check myself to be sure that I'm not missing a great moment with my family.

Thanks again and keep them coming!