• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Only 1 or 2 more days before many of us leave town for the walleye opener.

I've had my boat out several times this year but finally took a little time today to get my walleye gear ready ---- respooled a few reels, tied on a few jigs, checked my cranks and plastics, etc. Felt good to be looking at the walleye gear again.

I'm getting anxious and am hoping to leave town on Thursday night. Anyone else already got their mind on the lake and not on business at home grin

Here's wishing you all a happy and safe fishing opener!

I just finished re-spooling 6 reels. Boat is finally all buttoned up and ready. Batteries charged, bearings greased.

Unfortunately I will be working Thurs and Fri, but will hopefully get the line wet 2 or 3 times on Saturday. I've been a little distracted all week.

I just can't wait!!! Just repaired the livewell drain tonight that broke last Sunday on the water. Also just got done pickn 5 dozn crawlers. All things are ready to go.

Let me rephrase that, Re-rigging, Re-spooling, Re-tieing in 5 foot choppy waters but I will be there lol

A few years ago my first trip of the year was on Lake Erie --- right after we got to our first spot I was laying on my back under the console trying to trace wires to find out why the GPS crapped out. It was really wavey, we couldn't see shore, and I thought I was going to be seasick. Not fun. It turned out that a simple fix by the battery solved the GPS problem but it took 20 minutes to figure that out grin Not a great way to start the trip

Let me rephrase that, Re-rigging, Re-spooling, Re-tieing in 5 foot choppy waters but I will be there lol

ah, Mille Lacs is area is only a 14-18mph wind on Sat won't be 5 footers, for sure 2-3, but not 5 (I hope)