• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Map Create 6 Questions

AaronM

Question

Just got Map Create 6 USA Topo Version. I know this is a pretty powerful software, but what exactly can you do with it? Is it possible to take maps from the internet and put them on your GPS such as something from Google Earth or Google Maps? Also am I limited to just USA information or can Canadian info also be used? Thanks for any help, tips, or suggestions!

3 answers to this question

I got that software with my lcx-112, and bought a h2oc so I had something to use it on. I played around a lot with it, and it is basically just maps with tons of info one it. No turn by turn, and truth be told, they are not that accurate. As far as I know, you are not able to down load anything except from lowrance. You have to make map boundaries, and save them to a disk (sd card). You only get so many sd cards to register. I think it is five. I am using a 2 gig card even though lowrance does not recommend it. If anyone knows any different, let us know.

You can create custom maps.....from only the maps they give you with the software.

For example, I took off most of the stuff like airports and other items that I don't want to show up on my GPS. You can create your own waypoints on the software then load them on to your card to put them in your GPS.

On my card I have the dakotas south to texas and MI to the gulf. Has all the roads that I traveled on so far. Really just got it for that.

5 car limit. I am useing a 2GB card also. I think you could get half of the US on one card if you took off some detail. It also gives you contact info for placed like restraunts, gas stations, etc.