Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coombia21

boat casting deck

4 posts in this topic

i have a 14 foot boat with bench seats and i want to put a casting deck up front for bow fishing and casting what would i need to do this and can anybody help me with this like plans or ideas

Do a search in this forum for casting or for deck... you'll find several threads detailing how people have made this type of change to their boats.

Also check the open water forum... earlier this week there was a pretty in-depth picture thread that showed what another member did.

marine_man

Just be careful when making this because you can add a lot of weight to your boat! More weight will make your boat handle differently on the water and on the trailer. I had an uncle do this and ended up having to get a different trailer because he was always burning up tires and bearings because of the extra weight he added when he converted his bench seat 16' to an all casting deck. Best of luck to you! Be sure to post some pics when finished.