Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yukonjasper

Where is the best place to find a Finished Lab?

6 posts in this topic

Just wondering if there is a good source for finding Started or finished Labs? Seems like the sources I have are spotty at best.

From my experience looking for breeders some will have finished or started dogs but it will basically depend on whether or not they had an extra pup left over from a litter or if one was returned and a new home couldn't be found yet.

[Note from Admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank You]

Your absolute best spot would NOT be with a breeder BUT with a Hunt Test or Field trial professional trainer.

These dogs get washed out, meaning they are not competitive enough to play the games, at about a year old. At this age most of them are thru the basics and transition. They will be able to handle or take hand casts to a bird and do multiple marks.

GOOD LUCK

What duckbuster says is right on. Pro trainers have great dogs if you don't want to do the pup thing.

Thanks for your advice. I suppose the process of finding trainer is pretty easy. Should I just contact them and let them know what I'm looking for so they can contact me when they have a dog that will work? What would you say the going price is for a finished dog these days?