Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hanson

Wish me luck boys!

37 posts in this topic

In your overwhelming flurry of recent posts and all your fishing activity, I'm forgetting why we should wish you luck. Are you buying Power Ball tickets today?

So did you meet the Lady of your dreams, or what?

Maybe Chris is in search of that lady and hopes she fishes.

Good luck non-boater grin

I would assume he is on the water right now and will be till the 7th if luck is on his side wink

Try and recoup a couple bucks grin

LUCK that should cover it.

Hope you get a good partner Chris. wink

Breaking News!!

I just got a text that Hanson was seen on ESPN with an on the river update on how things are going on his first day:

Click to reveal..
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Good luck dude smile

There's six minutes and thirty six seconds of my life that my boss will never get back! laugh

Funny stuff.

He's was teamed with Chad Schilling, they've weighed for the day with limit for 19.19 pounds... Was at 8th now at 9th. About 1/2 the field has weighed so far.

Top basket so far 40 pounds....An 8lb average whoaa!!

Thanks fiskynut.

shack that videom is just plain awsome and beep beep beeep now thats funny right there.

15th place day 1 finish, Good going!

keep it up hanson great job

Was a fun day guys... now let's see if we can keep it going.

15th after day 1 exceeded my wildest expectations.

Tomorrow is a new day though.

Good to see you finally pulling yourself out of the mud and graduating from Catfish, that's angling 101!! J/K..

Good Luck Chris. Do you know who you are paired with day 2? Howsabout 3?

Good to see you finally pulling yourself out of the mud and graduating from Catfish, that's angling 101!!

Hey now, what other species can you go for and catch a 30"+ walleye and be sick it was not a 15lb flathead wink

I have seen it smile It is called the "Hanson Theory" in my boat wink Half dozen of those suckers could put you into the winning. Unfortunately, not a dang walleye guy out their that would allow them in the boat though wink

Good going dude! Now on to day 2! smile

Do you know who you are paired with day 2? Howsabout 3?

Day 2 - Brian Ernat

Day 3 - David Kraft

Im still confused as to what is going on here...what type of tournament are you fishing?

He is fishing several of the FLW events this year as a co-angler.

Nice debut Chris!

There's confusion around here... That's nothing new. smile

FLW Walleye Tour... Event is Mississippi River taking off out of Red Wing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Three of the four eggs have hatched
    • I also use grass clippings. But straw works just as well. Not hay......full of weed seeds. Put the mulch around them after the small tomatoes and peppers start to appear.the mulch helps keep moisture level and helps prevent blossom end rot. Right now they need heat .
    • There are TONS of sights out there to choose from.  Really comes down to personal preference.  I shoot an Axcel with .10" pins.  It has 5 pins that I take out to 60 yards.   If I was strictly hunting the big woods in MN, I would probably only have a 3 pin sight that I take out to 40 yards.     You can spend 30$ or 300$.  If you like multi pin sights, try to find one with the pins on a track, much easier to adjust.  
    • Nothing better than a successful trip even if the hunting was rough.   Not looking good for me today to be successful. Saw 4 a couple hundred yards out early this am and didn't hear a gobble intil 10. He has gobbled a 3 times since then, but seems content across the river where he is at and he doesn't seem to like what I am saying to him.
    •   Mike, I have used the brown sugar cure from Curly's to cure a hind leg and it made the best ham I've ever had. They have very detailed instructions on their site, too. I cured it 8 days and it took 18 hours to smoke. Worth every second!   https://web.archive.org/web/20150915234555/https://www18.corecommerce.com/~csk/uploads/file/Smoked Ham or Picnic Recipe(1).pdf
    • i dont use newspaper but use alot of grass clippings. and by late fall there pretty much all rotted away..........good for the garden too!!!!   if you know someone with a lawn care business get ahold of them, i went to a recycling place that takes grass clippings, and in the town i live in anyway, once they get there they dont allow people to come and take them. apparently something to do with potential lawn chemicals. i now get them from the city, they come from the baseball park in town!!!!!
    • Good luck walleye, sorry about the miss, but we all know what a tough road archery hunting can be.   My good friend Dave and I headed to Wisconsin Wednesday afternoon.  We have two tags each. We hunted hard for most of 5 days while enduring some of the worst weather we ever we had to deal with. 40 degrees ain't bad, and a little rain ain't bad, but a hard rain at 40 degrees just plain sucks. Add in some wind and it was pretty miserable.   Wednesday we got to our hunting spot mid afternoon and set up. We weren't intent on spending the evening with plans to scout a bit and get the permission we needed for another farm.  We actually heard a couple gobbles and they seemed to be coming closer, then the rain started.  Do we wait till it quits, or do we leave before it gets worse? Dave said lets get out while we can. Sure enough, as soon as we got out of the blind there was a big tom looking at us.  Game over.  Oh well.   Next morning we were back at this same spot. Nothing going except a lone hen way out, not even a gobble...till 10:00. This bird would gobble and come closer, then gobble as he went farther away. Over and over again.  Finally he showed himself at the end of the field 80 yds out.  He'd gobble then head back into the woods to gobble some more.  In and out like that for what seemed forever. Finally he came back out again and ever so slowly headed our way. Closer and closer, then - "there's another one!"  Another big tom came to see what all the noise was about.  The first one was inching closer and closer, right to the edge of my shooting range. He stopped and lifted his head and turned around. I couldn't wait to see if he'd come closer, a few steps would put him out of range.  My trusty old 870 barked and he was down.  Sweet!  I looked at the clock, it was 11:30. We'd been working this bird for an hour and a half! I later paced it off at 45 yds.  Haven't shot very many beyond that.   The other bird didn't even flinch, he was coming to see why his bud wasn't getting up. Closer and closer till Dave couldn't wait anymore.  He shot. The bird started running, then took flight.  He shot again and that bird was in the woods, never to be seen again.   Two missed opportunities on our first two sits.   Though we hunted hard the next few days and saw some birds, we never had another chance.  Tough, tough hunting.   My bird tipped the scales at just under 24 1/2 lbs. Spurs both right at 1" and pretty sharp, beard just over 10". Probably a 3 year old.       My bird came from the far corner, just to the right of the blind.     Here's my buddy Dave all loaded up for the long walk back to the truck.     Red sky in the morning, hunters take warning.     Big heavy bird, second heaviest I've ever taken. Just starting to rain.  Again.         Take a close look at the headgear already on this nice buck.  
    • Went to the DNR site. Got my tag for area 47 after 4 Years!!  YEA!!   Rockn Randy
    • Lost 40 a few years back. Forget diets, you need an entire lifestyle change. Think of food as either slowly killing you or helping you live longer and healthier. Just because someone is skinny does not mean they are healthy. Personally I stick to a lot of fruits, veggies and wild game, very little carbs, dairy, beef or pork. Not that I don't love ribs, steak & the like but it's not a regular meal. After a while you don't really miss the bad stuff because you feel so much better.   Let me guess, you sell diet supplements in on of those pyramid scheme multi level marketer deals.
    • Old newspapers and grass clippings. The problem with wood mulch is it will still be there in the fall when you want to till the garden.
  • Our Sponsors