• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

totally off topic

I have a dilema I would like to talk about... it's bothering me, and I wondered what others thought, and what you would do in my situation.

here's the scenerio:

Hubby has needed a hernia operation for about a year now.. he doesn't work from April 1st to July 1st every year,, so early in '09 I scheduled a doctors appointment so we could get this under way, and under the knife soon after his lay off (April 1st) he jumped through all the hoops, and doc says that late April the hospital would call to finalize dates. so we wait........................................

end of April comes and goes.. still no call...

today is May 5th, and I asked him if they had called, he replied "no they have not" so I suggested that perhaps he should call the hospital himself and see if he could find anything out,, well he called, and they said they could squeeze him in June 5th.

here's the problem:

I have mentioned in other posts that I have a trip coming up soon,, yup, you guessed it,, it's from June 3rd to June 19th. and his freakin operation is during my time that I have booked to fly to BC!!!!!!!

would you:

a) cancel your trip to stay home and nurse hubby back to health

B) go on your trip anyways and hope for the best, or get someone to come check on him

c) ask doc if he can pospone it

I don't want to give up my already planned and reserved trip!!!!!!

what to do??

How long would the recovery be? Personally, I would go with option C if it won't interfere with his going back to work July 1st.

Being in the Canadian health care system, do you have a little leeway to call and plead your case to them to get your hubby in sooner? My sister in law had to reschedule some stuff when she had to fly home when her mom was dying, and was explaining a little bit how the system works.

I had my left side repaired the 30th of last month and will be off for close to six weeks. No lifting over 5 pounds. Have someone on hand to drive him home from hospital. Make up and freeze some meals to get him through your time away. Go on your trip! blush

They can't squeeze him in any sooner? He isn't working - so is he flexible with dates and times? I would call the doctor, clinic, hopspital and anyone else that would listen and tell them that he needs to get in sooner. Keep calling and see if they have any cancellations. Squeaky wheel gets the grease!!

After I would try to reschedule which would be Option C(Char said it-the squeaky wheel can get the grease!) then I'd take option B as long as someone could come in and check on him. What a hard call though Sue! What does your hubby want you to do?

thanks for all the replies!!! I was at the end of my rope over all this yesterday,, and a friend told me to leave it alone, that it would work itself out,, well this morning my hubby talked with the surgeon, and turns out it's not as bad as we thought, so now he's going to reschedule it for April of 2010!! wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! I'm going to BC!!! yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

thanks for all the help, advice, and kind words,, once again you folks here are amazing!!

thank you Lisa smile

oh trust me,, I'm going to take thousands of shots,, I can see it all now! I don't have a laptop like I would like for it, but do have tons of flash cards,, I'll be a busy girl when I get home processing them all!

SO, whats so important in BC, that you would leave your poor,in pain, husband at home, and working while your having the time of your life elsewhere? crysickeekfrownsmilegrinsmirklaughwinkwhistle so, am i making you feel guilty yet??????? crazywhistle HEY ULT, need a little help here. crazylaughwink

SO, whats so important in BC, that you would leave your poor,in pain, husband at home, and working while your having the time of your life elsewhere? crysickeekfrownsmilegrinsmirklaughwinkwhistle so, am i making you feel guilty yet??????? crazywhistle HEY ULT, need a little help here. crazylaughwink

ahhhh here we go,, what took ya so long glenn to respond? I figured you guys would be all over this one grin

nananabooboo,, not working nope,, grin

Originally Posted By: glenn57

so when do you leave on your trip? we will continue to work on that guilt trip. laughlaughlaughwink

Originally Posted By: panthrcat
Originally Posted By: glenn57

so when do you leave on your trip? we will continue to work on that guilt trip. laughlaughlaughwink

HA!! I fly outa Winnipeg June 4th.. 27 more days!!!