Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chris63

Boat seat questions?HELP!

7 posts in this topic

How would you keep the screws from coming loose on the bases of the seat swivels?(especially in rough water.)Has anyone tried using rivets?I use stainless hardware on all boat rebuilds.I found that lock washers help somewhat.I was wondering if Automotive lock tight would help?Any/all answers/suggestions appreciated!c63

If they are screwing into a backer plate or a nut under the floor loc-tite should help. If it is a wood screw going into the floor I had a '92 Alumacraft that had 2 screws in one base that kept coming loose, I put gorilla glue on the screws before installing them. Never had another problem with them.

The bolts go through the wood to backer nuts under neath.(You drill a hole first in the wood and then hammer the splined nuts into the wood.)Thanks for the gorilla glue idea!I used gorilla glue on an Acoustic guitar neck my youngest daughter el-ca bonged and the neck is as good as new!c63

If you want to get the screws out at a later date you may not want to use "permanent" glue. Maybe go for the blue loc-tite instead.

Or you can just try adding some silicone on the threads, as that will help it stay grippy enough.

Bees wax is also a good "temporary" option.

Otherwise a small dot of gorilla glue works everytime.

Holy &!)@($!)@&*$!did the price of gorilla glue go up!I ended up getting a small tube of red permatex bonding stuff.(I know technical terminology!)Thanx for all suggestions,good luck to all on opener.Be safe and don't fall in!cyac63