• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance problems

HooknHorns

Question

My father-in-law is on his second 334 that has gps built into it. The first one went back to Cabelas for a replacement. Last year this one was acting up with multiple issues. He has spent numerous hours on hold for the last couple months and has yet to talk to a human voice. They returned one of his e-mails and responded by saying the serial# is invalid but its taken right off the unit. So i gave it a try to get a hold of them. No luck and passed ticked off. I have a 332 on my own boat and no problems. I know there is problems with the 334's but they should help their customers out. Has anyone else had issues, and how did you get ahold of them. thanx

7 answers to this question

Lowrance is renowned for their 30 minute waiting period on hold to talk with customer service.

The 334 also has a history of being a some what troubled machine. In fact, in many cases,Lowrance has taken the 334 back and replaced it with the LMS 522. One of the major problems people have been having with the 334 is that they are losing signal. The reason for this is that the internal antenna is tucked deep inside the unit. Lowrance fixed this problem by moving the antenna to the top of the 522. If you look at a 522 closely, you'll notice a "bump" on top which is your antenna.

Good luck with your issue. I don't know really what to tell you other than to stick out the waiting period and demand service.

Sorry, I was referring to Lowrance. The customer service at Cabelas is top notch. In fact they're even astounded by the service at Lowrance. The issues were losing signal, not bringing the maps up with the card in at the same time it was shutting off and on, off and on. Plus it seemed when it got hot out, it would shut down. Now he's fed up and wants to buy a Hummingbird, but I'll keep working on Lowrance. Thanks for the replies.

Try e-mailing this gal at Lowrance. Here name is Linda Colt.

[email protected]

She will get you straightened out if she still works there. Be courteous, but firmly tell them that you would like your 334 exchanged for the 522. That 334 is junk, tons of problems with that one.

Here's who you get a hold of, she is great to deal with and will return your call pretty quick if you get her answering machine. It took her about 3 hours to return my call yesterday because according to her, they're extremely busy right now but she'll treat you right.

Linda Colt

Customer Walk in Service Department

12000 East Skelly Drive

Tulsa Oklahoma 74128

1-800-324-1356 ext 8747

Direct Line 918-438-8747

[email protected]

Wow, that's exactly what I needed to see. I'm a new member and this is my first post. I've read other posts for years and never needed to become a member because of all the information flying around. I wish I could buy all you guys a round. Good Luck this season.