• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aerator Pump Problem / Question(s) - HELP!!!

PTocko

At the end of last year my aerator pump blew a fuse for the first time in 7 years. No issue - I replaced and it seemed to work fine. Over the winter I forget about it. This spring - I'm going through my checklist making sure everything is okay - the aerator pump sounds like it has to wind up to speed. Once there it sounds okay - figured it would be better once it's in the water. Well this weekend was the first time I really used the livewell (been fishing with the kids if you know what I mean grin). I blew a fuse not once but 3 times. I bypassed the timer with the same result so I'm pretty sure it is the pump motor that is the problem. I have it removed from the boat - is it worth fixing or do I just buy a new one. I do regularily clean it so that is NOT the problem. If I do replace it do I have to go with the same gph (current one is a 500) or can I go larger - any reason not to. Thanks for the help - I appreciate it. Paul

motor is probably almost shot and its taking more to get it running and causing the fuse to blow..you can go as big as you like but if its the aerator pump and not a bilge pump going bigger doesnt always help on the aerator..now with bilge bigger is nice because it pushes more water out faster...aerator just pulls water in to recirculate your livewell or fill it up so not as a big thing to pull more water..it you want to save some bucks stay with the 500gph