Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ortonville

walleye tournaments

1 post in this topic

29th annual big stone walleye classic saturday june 20th.leave from hartford beach.maximum 99 teams $100 per team.1st place $2000.00 pay through 14th.jody heemstra 1800-444-5928 or duane pollock 605-432-4609.it fills up fast so iam pretty sure that it may be filled up.but it is worth a try

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Looks like the rust belt should of went with a better rustproofing package.........     Donald Trump may have positioned himself as the champion of American workers but Republicans on the Hill are already embracing his “do as I say, not as I do” modus operandi. Under the backing of Paul Ryan, the GOP leadership stripped a provision from a water bill Monday that would have required American-made iron and steel products to be used in infrastructure projects in Flint and elsewhere funded by the Safe Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF). Democratic Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown blasted Republicans, who removed the “Buy America” provision (which passed the Senate with strong bipartisan support) while the House and Senate were reconciling the bills. In other words, GOP leadership scrapped it behind closed doors. “By stripping meaningful Buy America rules from the water infrastructure bill, Washington leadership is choosing China and Russia over Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin,” said Brown. “This was the first major test of whether Washington establishment Republicans would live up to President-elect Trump’s promises to put American products and American workers first – they failed, and American iron and steel workers will pay the price.” Now, Brown is teaming up with Democratic Sens. Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin and Bob Casey of Pennsylvania to insert the provision back in the bill. They want to reattach the provision to a nearly $12 billion Water Resource Development Act (WRDA), which authorizes dozens of infrastructure projects around the country and is on track to pass the House this week. “I’m not giving up on this fight,” Baldwin said in a telephone interview Tuesday. “Why would we pass a bill that only benefits Russian and Chinese steel corporations when we could be providing certainty to American manufacturers of steel and iron?” That sentiment was shared by some steel worker groups earlier this week: “From our end it’s a little baffling,” said Roy Houseman, a legislative representative for the United Steelworkers. “It’s been a program that’s been really successful, and it has bipartisan support. We’re just very confused by the Speaker, who’s not listening to the rest of his caucus.” In essence, “Buy America” sounds as nice to Republicans as it did to Trump, but in practice they would rather preserve the "Buy Chinese" option that Trump uses to build his skyscrapers.
    • If there are any twins fans left, I wonder if these new young bucks running the club have asked mauer if he would lift his no trade clause?  I think we know the answer.  I find it interesting to watch these winter meetings trades etc but we are never involved.  It seems like we are missing something as fans.
    • Sorry BD2 --I think the trout is the most dependent on everything Now the king of conservatism is a-----------------------carp   This could get interesting!
    • Sorry but the Walleye is the most Liberal fish in Minnesota. In most lakes it depends solely on the government and taxpayers of the state for it's very survival and proliferation. Lot's of other fish breeds are able to take care of themselves without help from the Government, those are the conservative fish. 
    • They make a variety of suits to suit your fishing style really. If you are a run and gun style fisherman, or if you're a guy that sits in the fish house all day they, and most brands nowadays have one that will suit your needs. I'm more hot blooded so when they first came out I ordered the Lite suit, a little less insulation but just as durable. It has been discontinued but it I think it was replaced with the Predator suit. 
    • Nah....walleyes would be hard-line Republicans;  conservative with little or no imagination, terrified of doing something new or different or pushing ahead with anything not tried before. Show me a 6-pound walleye and I'll show you Barry Goldwater with scales  or Ronald Reagan when he was not napping. PF is right, catching a walleye,  even a nice big fat one, is about as exciting as a naked tussle with Rosie O'Donnell or dragging a bag of seaweed into your boat. We used to catch some really big ones in MT and after a bit we learned that the big perch fought better and were way more tasty!  No kidding, those perch....12-15" were way better eating.  But then we were catching them from cold clear water. But if you are really new to fishing and don't possess a lot of skill by all means become a walleye fisherman-anybody can do it.
    • Well it's "Throw Down" time! For years I have kept a bag of sunflower seeds in the cup holder of my SUV to nibble on as I ride along. In the last few weeks since about the last weekend up north Deer hunting I would come in and think, man I really down some seeds, that was a pretty new bag? Then checking my oil one day noticed some empties under the hood!  Um, someone's having a party? Went to pick up my Deer at the butcher today and again found the new bag almost empty! Checked back seat floor and found a few sprinkles on the floor! That's it, don't mind the little guy along for a ride but don't touch my seeds! Thought about setting up the trail cam to plan some strategy, but just went with the blind two trap set front and back seat floor. Report when I get some results!
    • Read it again grasshopper, I never said any such thing.     Pence LOST jobs, Johnson gained jobs and the money didn't come out of revenue that was already being produced. Johnson's money came out of NEW tax revenue that would have never been earned if they didn't do the deal.   I don't know what that quote is you posted but I never said any of that.
    • Catching a walleye is about as exciting as reeling in a bath towel. Not sure how that justifies being an elitist. Bullheads put up a better fight.    I always considered walleyes to be the liberals of the fish world. 
    • When was the last time? 1835? That was the last time the national debt was paid off.     How would you know that? We've never taken a trillion dollars off the debt EVER.      
  • Our Sponsors