• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chainsaw Oil ?

schmoe147

If you're referring to mix oil, run the stihl brand.

Bar/chain oil you can use the stihl brand as well. There are summer and winter weight oils so use what's appropriate for the time of year.

You'll love that saw - I've had mine for 3 years now and it's been flawless.

I run the Stihl oil in my mix. I also use the Stihl bar oil whenever possible. I was in a pinch last time and ended up buying a store brand and it's been fine. I'll go back to the Stihl though.

phenomenal saw - use the stihl brand bar chain oil, the orange case for the summer, the blue one when temps drop below freezing

as for gas - make sure you're running 92 octane, and mixing it properly. eventually those stihls will become finicky and quirky if you put a lot of 87 octane gas thru em.

I run six saws, all but one is a Stihl. Oil mix is Stihl brand only. I like the Stihl bar oil but they only sell in one gallon jugs and I go through a lot so I get the store brand at Fleet in 2&1/2 or 5 gallon pails. If you use regular motor oil for bar oil, you can improve its performance by adding a can of STP to a couple of gallons of oil. It gives it the clingy quality of bar oil.

I just use the used motor oil from my oil changes for the bar oil and have never had a problem. Most all mixing oil is the same, just check the jug of Stihl mixing oil for the specs and compare to other cheaper brands.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.