• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

makin a move

My wife has given the green light for us to FINALLY move out of Texas to the midwest. My brother in law and sister live in Eureka. She is very excited about moving to that area.

Anyway...I LOVE bowhunting and obviously fishing. Bowhunting down here is not good....I'm looking forward to getting back to the midwest where the bucks are big.

My brother in law has fished the Merrimac a few times and caught nothing. Not sure about what the Muddy Miss has to offer.

Looking forward to finding some good public hunting....and get to know some good fishin spots. What sort of fishing is available in the St.Louis area?

When are you moving? You'll be able to find enough fishing water not too far away, and there is quite a bit of public land in MO...but it can get a little crowded. We'll have to get together for a fishing trip when you get here!

ehhh...it won't be for a year or two...but the fact that the end of living in Texas is in sight...is very exciting!!!! The deer hunting (bow) down here is horrible. I noticed there are a few areas around Eureka/St.Louis that offer bow only...that is always nice to have areas like that.

My brother in law is wanting to get on Mark Twain Lake..he and I drove to the lake last time I was up there....doesn't seem like there is much shoreline structure....so I'm sure it helps to know where the brush piles are smile

Barry....have you ever fished Lake St.Louis? Is there any walleye fishing in the area? Carlyle is in Illinois I believe with walleyes...but was hoping for something closer.

I've never fished IL. You can find some walleye and sauger in the Mississippi below the dams in Feb/March. Ihave never fished Lake St Louis...I think they may have something about being a homeowner.

How about Lake of the Ozarks? I'm coming up there to my bro in laws in sometime in early July or so...we may have to make a run to Mark Twain Lake smile

Is there any walleye fishing in the area? Carlyle is in Illinois I believe with walleyes...but was hoping for something closer.

Forget about fishing Carlyle Lake in IL, at least for 'eyes. It is a dammed part of the Kaskaskia River and is very muddy. It does have a reputation for bass, crappies and catfish (including flatheads) but that is about it.