• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eyes around KC

Hey everyone.

I have not been out very much yet this year unfortunately but I am going to start here soon hopefully. I have not fished a ton in MO/KS since moving from MN a few years back

I was wondering if anyone info they want to volunteer on good lakes to find eyes around KC in the May and June time frames. I usually fish Smithville with some luck and in recent years have been driving to COffey Countly Lake with great success. The drive to Coffey County is a little long though. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of lakes that would be a little closer time wise.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Happy fishing,

KCWalleye

KC, I fish Truman quite a bit for crappies, with good success. In fact heading down there tomorrow. You can catch walleyes around kk island. Truman is a real sleeper for eyes. You might also hit Stockton, it has a lot of eyes and it has good crappies, and is a real pretty lake. On the kansas side hit Hillsdale, it has a good population of eyes, and good bass and crappies. In the metro try Longview for eyes. I fish Jacomo in the spring from the bank for eyes at night with some success, try a jerk bait. I moved here from Forest Lake years ago, love the fishing here. Don't forget the conservation lakes, they can be a lot of fun for bass & crappies

Thanks for the ideas fellas.

Barry, my target fish is walleyes, I guess I said it kind of unclear in my initial post, sorry for that.

I will definitely have to start venturing out and hit some new water.

Hope they're biting for ya'll,

Thanks,

KCW