Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Catmendo

Ruffy Drumming (take two)

11 posts in this topic

Same bird, same location, only this time I carefully and ever so slightly cleared an unobstructed path to the drumming log, here's the results.

To start off with, since this pose could pass for Mr. ruffy conducting an orchesstra, we'll simply call him the "conductor". grin

IMG_5219-1.png

I found these next two interesting as it depicts the birds with his wings completely strecthed in what seems to be their highest position.

IMG_5211-1.png

IMG_5217-1.png

Here his wings are fully cocked back , his chest stuck out as far as it can possible go as he get ready to begin his infamous drum roll...

IMG_5253-1.png

Beautiful! You did it. I would call him 'Maestro.' Or I'll call him 'The Conductor' and you 'Maestro.'

wow you done good stu!!! I was out today and I heard them drumming!! love is in the air!! although I didn't get any shots of them doing the famous drumming, I did get some images I'll try to post over the next few days,, I bet I took 300 pictures over the last few days,, but I got to work tomorrow, so yuk!! stand by.

As I was looking through the series on ther grouse once again, I found this one that I over looked. Just amother interesting angle of the birds wings.

IMG_5236-2-1.png

oh!! I just wanted to say that I heard them drumming on Sunday when I was out!!! woohoo!! now I gotta git out there and actually find one...

yep did too Stu,, now I got to find the time to stop, drop and roll,, oh wait,, wrong forum,, I got to find the patience and the drumming to actually do the sneak attack thing,, smile