• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Evinrude Service

St_Croix_Banks

Not sure what when wrong yesterday. Was running fine and then all of the sudden lost power and would barely start. Thought perhaps I had fouled plug or 2. I got i it going again and limped it back to the launch. Pulled plugs and they looked OK. Then tried to start again and the starter housing cracked on the top. The part then raises up to engage the gear was stuck up there and won't come down. Not good. Hope something didn't seize up.

I don't know....maybe bad fuel pump or clogged filter?

ya mine kinda acted like it was running out of gas it would slow down then die wait a sec or 2 then it would start up and run again' for a bit the guy i had workin on it wasnt the best in my opinion so i switched i have a warrenty card so i'm going to try another guy

right by my house the other guy was where i bought the boat

and not to far from winnie but to many thing and to many excuses i'm not a wrench head but i'm not stupid either

i cant tell you exactly what the problem was but it was fuel related call a couple e-tec warrnty guys and get a couple of

ideas go where u are comfortalbe

i have a 5 yr warrenty

i guess just get some good opinions i felt pretty good about these guys down the road at the power lodge i know its long ways from you but call and talk to them cant hurt

2 certified e-tec guys there power lodge on 371 info will have the #

UPDATE! POWERHEAD IS DONE! 2 INJECTORS SHOT! NO HARD FAULTS SHOWED UP ON THE COMPUTOR. NO WATER IN THE GAS. THEY HAVE NO EXPLANATION AT THIS POINT AS TO WHAT HAPPENED. THEY'RE DIGGING FURTHER TO FIND A CAUSE. MOTOR HAS ABOUT 185 HRS ON IT AND ITS A YEAR OUT OF WARRANTY. DO YOU THINK I'LL HAVE A CASE TO GET IT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY WITH BRP SINCE AT THIS POINT THERE IS NO EXPLANATION AS TO WHAT HAPPENED?

I DON'T KNOW IF I EVEN WANT IT FIXED IS THEY CAN'T FIND A CAUSE. ITS LIKE THROWING GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD.

ya i think i would get in touch with the factory or somebody

is it the first problem you have had with it

i would think something that major they would stand behind

keep us up dated here pleeeeeez!!!!!!!