• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Loss of composure in Reverse. Saftey Report.

ishgood

So I have a 2005 2-up sled with reverse. Im backing it off the trailer to put it in the garage today and as the track hits the driveway it takes off like a bandit and my body is thrown against the throttle.

Accelerate for about another sled length and crash into the garage nocking the wall off the foundation. Crashed into the recycling bin first, pop cans flying all over the place.

A. Sit down when using reverse and have one hand on the brake.

B. Tell your sled manufacurer this is a safty hazard.

C. You are never to old to be surprised.

I completely agree with "A"&"C", now "B"... don't take offense to this because thats not what is intended. I don't think the manufacturer is responsible for or should be considered liable for operating methods that you may have demonstrated causing the resulting damage. This is not a safety hazard, you operated it unsafely, hopefully/thankfully you weren't hurt. You realized the solution and stated it in "A". No need for a seat occupied switch, warning buzzer, etc. in the reverse circuit to add $1500 to the price of a sled trying to protect the consumer from themselves.

Sorry about the damage.

I completely agree with "A"&"C", now "B"... don't take offense to this because thats not what is intended. I don't think the manufacturer is responsible for or should be considered liable for operating methods that you may have demonstrated causing the resulting damage. This is not a safety hazard, you operated it unsafely, hopefully/thankfully you weren't hurt. You realized the solution and stated it in "A". No need for a seat occupied switch, warning buzzer, etc. in the reverse circuit to add $1500 to the price of a sled trying to protect the consumer from themselves.

Sorry about the damage.

Ummm...I work for a lawn mower company and we have to put stickers on it telling people to not pick it up and use it as a hedger!! Trust me if he wanted to sue the company he could and some sleeezy slimy dirtbag loser laywer would get him some money.