• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Let's see those lures...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Dawg collection is 10 plus years in the making. 12,600 is a lot of money! Thank God I didn't have to pay retail for them all.

I do give quite a few lures away every season - To kids and adults alike. Heck, last year I probably gave 20 DCG's away alone. (this isn't a hint to start asking for lures) smile

There are a few duplicate colors in that pic that have never been used but almost every dawg there has had time in the water, and probably 70% of that rubber has at least one musky on it.

Jeez, I feel like I'm defending myself for having an excess of musky baits.

Look's like Tom has to trade his lures for dog food.

Never defend yer stash Jerry S.......its a cool thing if you can handle it.

Collections of any kind cost good bread...any kind.

One reason to guide, pay for the hounds an ga$ to do it over again....have fun an fart in open air places so not to ofend.

smile

Tommy

Jerry when its your job to catch fish you need to have all the proper tools. If it means having the multiple colors of bulldawgs in 5 different styles and sizes so be it.

Nobody asks a doctor why they have 26 of the same clamps plus the 30 of the smaller size...and so on out before surgery or a carpenter why they have 40 different styles of screws then four different lengths of each, and different heads on the screws for different bits. Just a thought I think its pretty sweet to see all those "tools" for work.

tight lines

dan

Fished with a Guide a few years ago..............Had about 25 lures.

used maybe 12 of them.

Caught more and seen more muskies with him than I did with the Guide who had

500 !

Of course it really looks cool when you have 500....LOL...

Thanks Quackaddict....just something to do during winter.

Fun to make up own junk....rewarding to get nice fish on them or hear from others that get on fish also.

Always looken for a simple edge.

I to agree that 12 lures or so do the trick as well as any 100.

Fish do change with season an do like dirrerent stuff, colors or patterns sometimes matter some times not.

sizes also...can turn a switch when nothing else will...weird.

Always preach to people asking for info what to bring....get stuff that fishes HIGH, LOW, FAST, SLOW....And something funky that fishes well in big waves.

Simple.

Patterens are a personael thing so I just mention I go with stuff..Light. Dark, Quiet, Very Loud, and always have something powerfully ugly and something creepy also.

Keeps it simple again an proven to work...plus adds the fun part.

Fish school, but doubt they go to school...most I know are not to smart an like to fight.

smile

Done up a ton of 10" Jakes one year...sold everyone....paid for my guide insurance.. smile

I'll be darn if I can find photo.

Creepy...all one of a kind junk...kind a cool.

Sweet.

Tommy

Fish school, but doubt they go to school...most I know are not to smart an like to fight.

smile

Hey Tommy, I like that and will most likely steal it and use this weekend with the Grandkids smile I owe you a musky lure wink cause I know you could use one more, ha!

Best way to learn....grab an old air brush, some auto paint, go at it.

Paint the dogs toe nails first, wifes next, yers too.

LOL

Move on from there, lamps, hub caps, tools, blocks of wood, anything you have around...paint an let yer mind wonder.

Easy to do once your hand gets inline with yer brains....funny thing is once you learn a few things your hand an mind never forgets....kind a weird.

In 70's I was on road a lot doing lots of fun strange things...an learned to paint with junk, still like the old jnk air brushes.

Painted many a guitar in the flower power days an back stage during the Mother nature concerts out in open air an Kalifornia Jams.

Good stuff....painted up lots of Strippers to in winter in old Scorpio dance club on west seventh in St. Paul also.....ah to be 19 an so young again.

smile

Fun stuff.

Anyone else tinker with the brush or cut up five lures to make one custom freak?

smile

I bought'em...so I paintem, cuckem, draw on em...give'm away or sell on Epay.

Always someone looking for some art.

smile

T.

Best way to learn....grab an old air brush, some auto paint, go at it.

Paint the dogs toe nails first, wifes next, yers too.

LOL

hahaha, you know what Tom...I can do #1 and #3, I'm not married yet grin

You use auto paint for lure painting? I did not know what kind of paint but thanks for pointing that out. I will be back with you if I have any questions for custom painting and stuff.